Corsair Community

RMA Status...Item received last Monday

Hey there.

I was wondering about the status of RMA # R217567, Case # 48584.

Tracking system in Canada Post (Item # CE 408 793 752 CA) tells me that it was received on Jan. 8th but no word on its status yet.

Here is a link to the package sent (using Canada Post XpressPost):

https://em.canadapost.ca/emo/basicPin.do?trackingId=ce%20408%20793%20752%20ca&trackingCode=PIN&action=query&language=en&scloc=segment

Spoke to a customer service rep last week but she told me that they had no record of that being received.

Thanks! This forum is really useful by the way..keep up the good work!

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry it still has not got here yet. If your shipper shows it was recieved you can call our customer service and provide them with the tracking number and they can help you get the RMA processed. 888-222-4346 Ext "0"

Hey there.

Using the link above (which links directly to the item tracking) you guys received the item at 1:20pm on Jan. 8th.

I called on the 12th and the customer service rep told me that you guys have no record of receiving the product. I called again on the 15th (after reading your response here in the forum) and he told me basically the same...no record of having the item yet.

It's now the 22nd and I am worried that the item is lost, since you guys normally have a 72hr turnaround time (thankfully it is insured). So I was hoping if you can tell me if you guys have a record that you have the part. It seems that the 8888C4D's are back-ordered, and that is fine, but I just would like some acknowledgment that you have the modules I sent to you 2 weeks ago. I have spoken to two reps so far and they just tell me that they will look into it, but I hear nothing back. I am getting worried, especially since I am sure the parts will be difficult to reorder.

Thanks for your time and attention to this. If you guys still have no idea where these modules are I may have to speak to my shipper about a lost item, as their system indicates you got the items 2 weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ram back this week and it seemed to run fine until last night. I asked a few questions concerning my setup in this post earlier this week.(POST ID # = 280826). I have not been using the ram/system much this week (computer only running a couple of hours at most) until last evening.

I went to bed last night and decided to run memtest and when I checked this morning there was 1 error in memtest that happened on the 4th pass. The ram was being run in "Optimal" mode for SLI memory automatically set by the motherboard (940mhz, 4-4-4-12 2T), 2.4 volts. So I decided that I would turn off the sli "Optimal" feature which turns the bus back to 800mhz. I decided to run memtest and now I get dozens of errors right away. The fans have been installed the entire time, as per your suggestion in the other post.

I have tried the following:

1. double checked the volts

2. turned off legacy usb support

3. loosened the timings to 5-5-5-15

Nothing makes a difference.

This is the second time that this happened. My first setup worked fine for a few days, but after a couple of days of running straight, the memory had all kinds of errors. Now this time with the new ram sent, (no tweaking...only the sli epp profile used) after running the computer about 16 hours straight, problems again. This should not happen with the components I have chosen for this build.

Is there something I did wrong? (I don't see how so though, as this time I strictly used pre-configured options) or does this mb not like this ram? I have used another brand of ram while waiting for the rma to be returned and no problems.

Anything else I can try? I am getting really discouraged here...

Since my last post I have found the following:

1. One stick of ram gets errors in memtest right away

2. The other stick does not get any errors with one pass (didnt try further than this)

3. Tried another set of ram and no errors in memtest (this was the same set that I ran for three weeks while waiting for the rma'd parts to come back)

4. Tried to move the bad stick around the mb slots and still get errors.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again.

I have tried the ram in another system (P5B mobo) and got errors in that system too with the same stick of ram. (using memtest with legacy usb support turned off).

Do you have any other suggestions? RMA my motherboard too? (I have built plenty of systems and have never had a stick of ram go bad. This is twice this has happened on this system...no shorts and such, and runs other ram easily with no problems).

I figured that the 480w truepower could handle my rig no problem. It is drawing 300w max (according to my ups monitor). Any suggestions on a power supply? Do I really need another?

Thanks

1. I checked the power requirements for the vid card. Seems that the wattage is good enough (ATI recommends 450w and I have 480w), but Ati also recommends 30amps on the 12v rail, and my power supply gives 18amps. Would this cause me problems? (no problems with other ram in my setup that works at 2.1v, and the 8888 will not run at 2.1v and relaxed timings). You think a new $200 power supply will help here with my ram issue? You suggest any power supply that gives 30 amps on the 12v rail?

2. I tested the ram in a friend's machine over a week ago, but if I remember correctly the only options I double checked were the memory freq (800mhz), and the memory volts (I used 2.1 volts) and the timings were 5-5-5-18 with the fan installed.

• Corsair Employee

I would suggest testing with another PSU from what you have posted but I have no problem replacing your modules for you again if you like.

Please reply to the last email you got from our customer service and let them know you are still having trouble and see if they will let you get them replaced again or call me at 510-657-8747 option "2" and ask for Ram Guy.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there.

Just a followup.

I saved up some money and today purchased the Corsair HX620 power supply for my system and i still get the errors I had with my other ps. The HX620 meets all specs for my video card now...and then some.

I figured I would give another ps a try since I figured it was no use popping in another set of dominator and have the same thing happen (ie. ram run fine for a few days and then errors). This Corsair PS reviews great, and I have had no problems whatsoever with Corsair stuff in the past until this Dominator.

Any other suggestions? I know I need to RMA this set but I don't want the replacements to do the same. Other ram has been running fine in this system now for months.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Before you send them back Please Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.1 Volts and the tested settings set manually! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure!

The account number is 966E65 its only good to send back to us so its OK.

Archived