Corsair Community

Corsair ICUE Improvement Suggestions, Difficulty Resolution, And Wishlist.

Petro

Planning to enter suggestions for improvement in this post, and bump the post periodically with additional suggestions. Sometimes or often when I have questions and find the answer or workaround in this forum, I will try to post that in concise manner. Seems to me, i view this forum approximately weekly, so suggestions should be easy to find. We'll see how it goes.

See Attached Google Document: (I have not worked with google docs before.)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/159aL3Lh0-_nofKh-_7_5RTu50meDcjLzCRhiBVxoZz8/edit?usp=sharing

Possible Resolution Improvement Suggestion:

Notes dialog box for each action.

Matter:

The name bar of the actions does not provide adequate space to describe the action, or if it does, then by describing the action adequately, the action list becomes cluttered with difficult names to recognize.

Matter example:

My action list Is cluttered with cryptic names that attempt to describe the actions they are performing. Actions that perform similar tasks but are slightly different, get named with the different part of the action at the tail end of the action and are past the visible part of the name. I have a naming system for 2nd actions (*2 (first action identifier) then 2nd action description, which also serves to lengthen the names.

Suggestion Description:

A notes dialog box for each action, so that notes about the purpose of each action, and notes about changes can be made when you make them.

Date: 2018/10/04

Matter described on October 4 2018 and suggestion proposed.

975934601_NotesDialogBox1.png.5a748c62fd6382a3740e305ad8580953.png

Possible Resolution Improvement Suggestion:

Sortable Header Names in the Action List and Library Action List. Make an identifier, either in the avatar field or the key field, that an action has a second action associated with it.

Matter:

The current action list and library action list is difficult to organize and change, especially if there are multiple profiles with several consistent actions between them.

Matter example:

Attempting to copy a profile and keep several of the actions consistent between them, but change a number of actions to use for profile switching. If you make changes to an action that you want in 2 profiles. To copy that change back to the other profile, you have to,

1. move the action to the action library. If the action before change is already in the action library, it gets renamed by ICUE with a (1) behind it in the library.
  2. move the action to the previous profile either by drag and drop (which means moving to the action list and scrolling to where you want to drop to) or clicking the Add to Action List icon which moves it to the top of the action list. If there is some method to your sorting, the action you want to replace is not at top of the list.
  3. Delete the previous action with the same name without the (1) at the end.
  4. Assign the changed action to the button you want it assigned to and rename it (dropping the (1)) so that it has the same name across 2 profiles.
  5. Move the action to the place where you want it ordered in the action list. (For example, you’ve assigned it to F5 and you want it to show between f4 and f6 on your action list.

There are several problems or difficulties with this, that could be helped by a better organization process within the program for the action list. Among them,

• Between step 2 and 5, there are very easily between 3 and 4 actions with very similar names, to manage and delete. Changes to one will not affect the other. You can very easily delete the wrong one. If you do not complete and delete all the duplicate copies, you can make further changes to a different copy, and have 2 copies of the action with different changes.
  • The second action associated with the action is not copied, and it will often get lost in the transfer from action list profile 2, to action library, to action list profile 1.

Note: There is currently a “bug” in ICUE, that if you copy the profile, renaming an action within the copied profile will not register visibly within the copied profile without a closing and reopening of ICUE which further impedes this process. The copied action in the second profile will keep the original name, after changing it.

Suggestion Description:

An ability to sort the Action list/Action Library by field name in descending/ascending or entered or default order: the Avatar or action type field at left, the Action Name, and the Assigned Key field at right. Make field headings clickable toggling between Ascending, Entered, and Descending. “Entered order” is the order that they are appearing now or the user has chosen to sort them which can be done now. Move the search icon currently always open to the Actions header, possibly making a smaller visible search field which expands or moves to the current position and size when clicked or typed in to make room for the header field boxes: Avatar, Action Name, and Asssigned Key.

Date: October 6, 2018

A particular suggestion to improve organization of the Action List, and library action list was proposed on October 6, 2018. A relevant example of of where the suggestion could be useful was provided. Several other suggestions or ideas to improve organization could be made to or might be able to help this problem. That is it is not the only solution and not the only example of where it is a problem.

I hope this suggestion is in the correct place. If not, please feel free to move to appropriate post. I was recently looking to purchase three K70 MK.2 RGB keyboards. However, after reading the number of posts where people have varying problems with the ICUE software, I did not make the purchase. I currently have a Corsair K70 LUX and think it is a well made, excellent keyboard. My suggestion to Corsair is as follows... a version of ICUE that allows basic RGB changes such as key color changes and a few effects but without the extensive abilities of full ICUE. Think of it as "ICUE Lite". The software could be simpler, therefore hopefully with fewer problems and using less systems resources. I have other Corsair products and believe you make a solid product. I hope this suggestion will be taken under consideration as I know there are more than a few people I have spoken with that would like to see such software made available.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Archived