Corsair Community

Corsair Void with PS4

Archimtiros

I recently picked up the Corsair Void (wireless) for use with my PS4, after seeing several posts noting compatibility, however I've come across an issue that I haven't seen addressed elsewhere:

The built in volume control doesn't seem to work. It works fine on a computer, but when connected to the PS4, it simply doesn't do anything.

Is this a software limitation or have I missed a setting somewhere? The PS4 has it's own built in volume control, but even when maxed out, it isn't nearly as loud as the headset should be, and is, on a PC.

It also seems that most of the CUE features, such as dolby, equalizer control, etc are handled by the software rather than the headset directly, meaning they can't be used with the PS4. Unfortunately this limits the products usefulness when not connected to a PC.

Hi Archimtiros,

This typically the nature of any third party headset on the PS4. Sony is very strict with licencing for audio devices so it will limit the amount of functions on VOID. PS4 also uses its built-in volume control and surround sound. Which is why we do not claim PS4 compatibility, since your mileage may vary in terms of capabilities.

VOID does require software in order to get the full experience.

Archived