Corsair Community

1000HX -- Random stops in booting comp

PSU

-So, I get an entire computer build done only to find that the boot process of the BIOS stops at random points. Sometimes the boot process gets through the CPU and RAM but stops at USB or INIT of the DVD. At other times, the computer does not even get through the CPU check.

-I tried removing every component down to the barest essentials. This seemed to work until I left the computer off for a few minutes and tried to boot again. The random lockups in the BIOS initialization resumed.

-I also tried a few days of on-and-off changes with the use of different PCI-E power cables, using different modular ports in the 1000HX, etc.

-Then my eureka moment hit: try a second 1000HX that worked in my other computers. Sure enough, no pauses in the boot process even with all the equipment hooked up. Leaving the computer off for multiple minutes also has no effect—boots up without a problem. :):

-Conclusion: something is wrong with one of my 1000HXs and it likely needs to be replaced. The fact that no issues emerge with an identical unit hooked up using the exact same cables in the same slots seems too odd to ignore. :bigeyes:

Archived