Corsair Community

Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe & CORSAIR

jonhancock

I have recently bought an ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe MOBO and an ATHLON64 FX55 CPU - I've looked through the various memory options available from CORSAIR, and would like to know what modules I should buy for maximum performance - I've seen, and been recommended, the Corsair TwinX-XL, DDR, PC3200XLPT, because of their extraordinarily low latencies. However, I can only seem to find these in 1 gig pairs (i.e., 2x512mb) - do you make these in 2 gig pairs? If so, what is the part number? If you make a higher performance module for this MOBO (I'd like to max it with 4 gig), I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,

Jon

OK thanks - i would like to put as much RAM in the MOBO as possible - running a 64-bit system (WinXP-64 pending!). I also run heavy data analysis software (SAS DataMiner), and this will use as much RAM as you throw at it and then some...

Any recommendations on the highest possible performance RAM available from Corsair? I'm not going to be overclocking or tweaking in any way - I need a stable system.

Many thanks!

Thanks - I think! I'm a little confused now - whether to go for the TwinX-XL, DDR, PC3200XLPT or the Twinx2048-3200 - plus someone has now recommended 1 gig sticks of Crucial Ballistix DDR PC4000.

I have also been told that i really won't need 4 gig of RAM, it's just too much, go for 2 gig of the best stuff available.

Could you please explain (in non-techy English) the difference between these modules. Why would the memory want to run at DDR333 if I install more than 2 modules? There are 4 memory slots on the MOBO, and it is recommended that matched pairs are installed, so I would probably look at getting 2x2 matched 512mb sticks - which would give the best possible performance under quite intense use?

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

I looked up my motherboard on Corsairs website and here is what the Corsair site says about VS1GBKIT400

"Facts about the VS1GBKIT400

The Value Select line provides quality, tested, compatible desktop memory at competitive prices. The Value Select line is qualified for major current desktop and laptop systems. All Value Select modules are backed by Corsair's comprehensive warranty The VS1GBKIT400 is a pair of unbuffered, non-ECC, 512MB memory modules operating at PC3200"

It specifically mentions that VS1GBKIT400 is a PAIRED memory system - suggesting that you can run two. If it had in fact been tested then they would have known that those modules cannot be run in pairs unless you put four modules on the board.

• Corsair Employee

ZBoss,

I am not clear on what you are trying to say.

But I have this same MB at my home and I am using VS1GBKit400 one set in that MB with out problems. If you are trying to use 4 modules this MB will be default set the memory to DDR333. So please be a bit more specific about the issue you see. And I will be happy to try and help you resolve what ever issue you may have.

Archived