Corsair Community

Corsair Service always using 5% CPU and forcing WMI Provider Host all the time to 15%

Betinem

Hi everybody,

first of all: Hi I'm Sascha and I am new here.

I've bought myself a Scimitar and love it so far. Just the icue software kills my PC.

As you can read in my Specs, it's a Surface Pro 4 I5. I tested the 3.11 , the new 3.12 as allthough to 3.4.25 . Everytime the same result.

During installation I noticed "Windows Compatibily ..." was started (saw it in the task-manager), maybe this helps?

I exported my analytics from icue and could pass them.

Has anybody any advices? :confused:

Greetings,

Sascha

• Corsair Employee

I'm not sure you'd be able to get around that using a Surface Pro. The iCUE software controls the lighting of the keyboard in conjunction with GPU controls. But, your tablet uses it's CPU for that, probably accounting for the extra CPU load.

What exactly are you using iCUE for? Which Scimitar do you have? Maybe we can get you around needing iCUE open so you can save it for when you need to change options.

Hi!

I'm using the Scimitar Pro RGB Mice.

I would like to use the icue Software to have the RGB-Features enabled and to use the Custom-Keys. Like using the Key "1" to go back or to group in games.

Yet I'm using the Icue to save a fixed color and dpi-settings to the mice and deinstalll it, but this is not what it should do. By this way i cant use the keypad on the side of the mice.

I could live with icue consuming like 5% or something like this, but over 20 % is absolutly to heavy...

I would appreciate any help :)

Greetings,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...

I found this in the logs:

2019-02-28 00:27:34.3065 | 17 | FATAL: DevicesMonitor | -> An exception CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.ComponentException (Component crashes. Error: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.) has occurred. Please see the errors log file for details.

2019-02-28 00:27:34.3065 | 17 | FATAL: DevicesMonitor | -> An exception CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.ComponentException (Component crashes. Error: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.) has occurred. Please see the errors log file for details.

2019-02-28 00:27:34.9535 | 4 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1042(avg: 1041,63) ms

2019-02-28 00:27:34.9535 | 4 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 5(17 sens.)

I also have an anomaulous consume of CPU from the ICUe Sw components.

10% of CPU usage (i9-990oK !) to just have some RGB effects on memory modules......

I think this SW is very poorly done and this is the reason for this excessive CPU usage.

Corsair should fix this (let me call, "indecency")

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping as I have had this issue with a Surface Pro for some time. I previously just used CUE 2.x to avoid WMI being hammered (it took a long while to trace it to the iCue 3.x software at that time) but since upgrading again, the problem has come back.

I also have a Surface Pro 2018, with K70Lux keyboard.

My logs show the same error as Betinem, repeating 3 times every second:

2019-03-13 12:00:49.6889 | 23 | SURFACEPRO | 3.13.0.11 | DevicesMonitor | ->

CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.ComponentException: Component crashes. Error: Input string was not in a correct format.

2019-03-13 12:00:49.6889 | 23 | SURFACEPRO | 3.13.0.11 | DevicesMonitor | ->

CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.ComponentException: Component crashes. Error: Input string was not in a correct format.

2019-03-13 12:00:49.6959 | 23 | SURFACEPRO | 3.13.0.11 | DevicesMonitor | ->

Is this a software coding error? Some people on other forums for programming (which I know nothing about) suggest an explanation is the way decimals are denoted in different cultures (for example, decimal points use 3,85 rather than 3.85).

Could also be compatibility with Norton Internet Security - have seen some suggestions on other forums some time ago.

Can anyone help?

Archived