Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB PRO + iCue

Mapantz

I have just come home from work, turned the lighting on via iCue and noticed that the far right stick of Vengeance RGB PRO RAM wasn't lit, while the other three were. I have rebooted, now the right two sticks are lit up, but second from the left has gone out.

On the dashboard, I only have one temperature showing out of the four. Has my memory failed, or is this something to do with iCue?

All was fine when I went to bed, last night.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply.

It seems I have got them working again. I forced a firmware upgrade, but that made no difference.

In the end, I uninstalled iCue, switched the computer off and unplugged the power. I left it for about 30 minutes and then booted up and installed iCue again, and they started working properly.

I'm not sure what happened to be honest?!

ah the power of "reboot" hehe

Just glad that you've got it all sorted out :)

I've had to come back to this. It has happened a further 3 times. I don't understand it!

It's always the far right stick off RAM that stops lighting, but iCue shows no temps for stick 3 and 4. A reboot never fixes it, it usually makes another stick of RAM go out. The only way to solve it is to uninstall iCue, switch off the power for a duration of minutes, boot up and reinstall iCue. It's becoming a bit of a faff to keep doing it.

Any other RGB control software installed? I had problems with my RAM sticks turning off after an hour or so when I had MSI Mystic Light installed. Turns out even though I had Mystic Light closed, there were still services running in the background. Uninstalling Mystic Light fixed the issue. I just set what I needed to set in Mystic Lights (essentially just turning everything off), then uninstalled it, and now use only iCUE to control everything. Works fine ever since. The settings you set in Mystic Light stick to the hardware even with the software uninstalled. Not sure about other vendors' software, but I'd imagine its similar.

No other monitoring software at all.

I did a bare bones install of Windows last week and installed the latest iCue, that's all I have in regards to monitoring software.

Mobo = ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero

Restarting iCue or the corsair service doesn't make any difference. I have tried everything, but the only way to solve it is to completely uninstall iCue, switch off the power for a period of time, then boot up and reinstall iCue. However, at some point within in a day or two, it happens again.

Not too familiar with ASUS Aura Sync, but do you have RGB control in the BIOS? Is there a way to disable it if so?

At this point, if there are no software conflicts, maybe the latest iCUE is having issues with your particular board, or like you said, maybe there's a failure somewhere since the timing/speed info drops out as well. Can you load up CPU-Z or HWInfo64 to see if they detect all the memory sticks?

Are you running anything overclocked, or have you updated the BIOS recently?

Strange problem for sure, since it used to work - sounds like something has changed. May need to contact support and RMA the RAM, try a different set and see if it still doesn't work.

Download and install HWInfo64. Close iCUE (completely close it, don't just minimize), open HWInfo64, select "sensors only" checkbox and continue, and it should load up a ton of info including temps, speeds, etc, for all components. Scroll down to where it shows you RAM Temps, see if they show up there. If they show up in HWInfo64 but not in iCUE, I would suspect an iCUE specific problem. If they don't even show up in HWInfo64, there's probably a problem with your RAM or your board. Check other sensors, temps, speeds reported from other components as well, see if anything looks amiss there.

Archived