Corsair Community

+5V showing below normal voltage reading

Delta Unit 38

Hello

A long time ago I had this 'issue' with the sensor reading of the +5V rail. It disappeared from the sensors like on HWmonitor, AI suite but even on the BIOS. Then yesterday, it reappeared out of nowhere. And now the readings are rather low I believe. It fluctuates between 4.260 - 4.400. At least that's the latest readings I have token.

I wonder if this is a malfunction of the sensors on my MB or if it's a issue now with the PSU. The PSU I am using is a Corsair VS450

PS: Just to mention, I haven't noticed anything odd with my system's performance. Everything just seems to be alright for now.

• Corsair Employee

Software readings are often very inaccurate unless the readings actually come from the PSU itself.

If you haven't had any issues, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you have a bit of concern, definitely double check your 24-pin and make sure all the pins are fully seated.

My computer seems to be stable. I also reseated the 24 pin to make sure it's put in correctly. However, in the BIOS it gives the same readings as it gives on the programs. I believe it's just a sensor error. But just for precaution, I am going to try to get a power supply tester to see what the actual voltages are.

• Corsair Employee

The BIOS will give the same readings as the software because the software gets the readings from the same place on the motherboard as the BIOS.

And you don't need any kind of special "power supply tester". A simple digital multi-meter will do.

Archived