Corsair Community

Windows Audio Isolation Device (audiolog.exe?) problem with CUE/VOID

HitmanActual

This did not start happening until I got my VOID headset. Intermittently this process will take up 100% of CPU resources. I can tell when it is happening because video games will drop to 0-5 FPS and I must force end process. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? This is happening on a clean Win 10 installation and never happened with my previous USB headset. I think it may be a CUE driver issue

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've experienced this myself and have seen other instances of this happening with other people.

Try closing Realtek HD Audio Manager if you have it open and disabling it from running on startup.

OK a reddit user gave me this same advice going to try it tonight. Thanks

I am having the same issue as well.

Running Windows 10 64-bit.

Headset works fine so far in every application except for Payday 2. When joining a lobby in that game the Windows Audio Isolation Device (audiolog.exe?) process shoots the CPU usage on my PC up to 100%.

Steps taken to narrow down problem-

-Plugged in previous headset (Razer Kraken) and joined a lobby-no issue.

-Returned to using the VOID-Issue Returned.

-Completely removed Realtek Audio Drivers from my PC-Issue persists.

-Disable "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" driver from Sound, video and game controller section in Device Manager. -No more issue and all functionality seems to remain.

However, after a reboot windows "loses" the device in the audio settings and you have to go into device manager and re-enable it in order to get it to respond at all. Fortunately, since it's it's only one game that I am dealing with this in I am willing to live with it as I really like the headset itself, I just hope Corsair has a fix soon as its pretty annoying.

I am having the same issue as well.

Running Windows 10 64-bit.

Headset works fine so far in every application except for Payday 2. When joining a lobby in that game the Windows Audio Isolation Device (audiolog.exe?) process shoots the CPU usage on my PC up to 100%.

Steps taken to narrow down problem-

-Plugged in previous headset (Razer Kraken) and joined a lobby-no issue.

-Returned to using the VOID-Issue Returned.

-Completely removed Realtek Audio Drivers from my PC-Issue persists.

-Disable "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" driver from Sound, video and game controller section in Device Manager. -No more issue and all functionality seems to remain.

However, after a reboot windows "loses" the device in the audio settings and you have to go into device manager and re-enable it in order to get it to respond at all. Fortunately, since it's it's only one game that I am dealing with this in I am willing to live with it as I really like the headset itself, I just hope Corsair has a fix soon as its pretty annoying.

Wow awesome. I'll make these changes and report back in a few days

Solution is to uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall the better Windows 7. No issues with the Voids if you use 7.

That is not a solution, maybe a workaround at best. The process that is hogging my CPU was first introduced with Windows 7 so not even a workaround I guess.

Nice try though?

That is not a solution, maybe a workaround at best. The process that is hogging my CPU was first introduced with Windows 7 so not even a workaround I guess.

Nice try though?

Yeah, I actually have a Win 7 partition on my PC and it definitely seems to react the same, only effects Payday 2 for me. My solution is honestly just a workaround as well, but it will get us through Corsair putting a patch out for it hopefully. I'm having no issue besides Payday 2, and it only effects the VOID, if I plug in my old Razer Kraken's it all works fine, so I'm pointing my finger at Corsair on this one, especially since I can disable the main Corsair Driver for the headset and it works fine after that. Pretty much points out the problem right there.

What kind of USB ports are you guys using? 2.0 or 3.0? Also, Intel chipset or motherboard USB ports?

I've tried 2.0, 3.0 and they are all Motherboard USB's. 3.0 the problem seems more intermittent, the process will shoot up to 100% for a second or two and then go away for a couple minutes, then it will shoot back up and then down, etc... On the 2.0 port it seems to shoot up to 100% and stay there.

Any update? I have had this problem since Void launch date. It only happens with itunes. None of the suggestions in this thread has worked for me. You'd think they'd release fixed drivers for their new flagship headset. Its a good headset but sadly i feel i should return it due to it using 99% of my cpu every four hours.

I might have a workaround that does not require something as drastic as reinstalling a new OS on your computer. You can just make use of the onboard soundcard to prevent the CUE software or whatever it is that makes the audio engine run rampant. There is a guide on how to do this on this forum here; http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117715

Keep in mind that your audio can still be controlled through the CUE software and it will be. Changing the volume on your headset will only affect the headsets volume itself while changing the volume on your onboard motherboard (volume in general) increases the overall volume, which also affects your headset. Hope this helps, it worked for me. But I shouldn't have to do this Corsair, come on.

I got my void today (after having no win 10 drivers for the HS 40 I should not have bought another corsair headset, but well....) I have the mentioned issue here as well however it seems to be only in CoD Advanced Warfare. TW3, Mad Max and BF4 are fine.

I might have a workaround that does not require something as drastic as reinstalling a new OS on your computer. You can just make use of the onboard soundcard to prevent the CUE software or whatever it is that makes the audio engine run rampant. There is a guide on how to do this on this forum here; http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117715

Keep in mind that your audio can still be controlled through the CUE software and it will be. Changing the volume on your headset will only affect the headsets volume itself while changing the volume on your onboard motherboard (volume in general) increases the overall volume, which also affects your headset. Hope this helps, it worked for me. But I shouldn't have to do this Corsair, come on.

I tried this and unfortunately it did not help. I only have this issue with CoD Advanced Warfare. If that game wouldn't be basically dead on the PC I would considering returning the void, however I hope that a driver update might fix this, I expect there to be updates, unlike the HS 40 Win 10 thingy.....

• 2 weeks later...
I have the similar issues. When the CUE is active, I have lagging, studdering, and crackling while playing BF4. When I turn CUE off, no problems. I've uninstalled and reinstalled CUE three times, no dice. I've finally gone back to the H2100. My plan was to add the SCIMITAR and STRAFE... that's obviously not going to happen until the CUE gets straightened out. From what I've read, this has been going on for quite some time. I would think Corsair would make the fixing of this obviously flawed driver a priority.

Archived