Corsair Community

Troubles with Vengeance 2100's microphone

Ewy

Hello,

I bought a Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset on 26 of March, and it works pretty well until 3 days ago. I got troubles with the microphone that modify my voice as a robot one, and makes noise while the micro is on and the headset is charging up.

I first thought it was a problem with my computer, but i got the same issue with an other pc with differents setup.

Does anyone got the same issue and found the reason of those troubles ?

Thank you and have a nice day :sunglasse

Unpacked my Vengeance 2100 today. Same issue but right out of the box. Installed the newest driver (2.0.26) first, plugged the receiver in the front USB port of my PC and tested it with the mic test of the Corsair software. Also tested it with Teamspeak. Horrible robotic voice everywhere. Then I tried it with the driver 2.0.16. Same result. Also tried it without installing any Corsair driver. Same result in Teamspeak. My previous Headset was the Vengeance 2000. So i tested if the 2.0.26 works with the V2000. Robotic voice again. So i guess its the drivers fault. With the windows driver and the 2.0.7 (from the V2000) it works fine. But i want to run my V2100 since the V2000's headband is broken!

PLS help Corsair!

Possible Fix

OK guys maybe try this as I had the same problem with robo voice!

1. Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right of the task bar on windows (next to the date and time)

2. Click on Recording Devices

3. Right click on the below option you see:

Microphone

Corsair Vengeance 2100 Headset

Default Device

4. Click on Properties

5. Click on Advanced

6. The option selected in the drop down menu should be 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)

7. If so, change the selection to 1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

8. Click on Apply

9. Click on OK

Problem solved? It worked for me :biggrin:

It still does not work =(. What I did:

1.) Plugged the receiver from my V2000 out.

2.) Uninstalled the 2.0.7 driver which worked with the V2000

3.) Installed the 2.0.26 again.

4.) Plugged the V2000 receiver back in, configured the the sound options as described by meso100. It worked, which it did not before.

5.) Unplugged V2k receiver, plugged V2100 in, configured the options again but still does not work. Restartet PC, checked options again but still does not work. WTF

=((

I was hoping this would fix your issue.

My problem used to be that the mic worked and then over time it would turned to robo voice for no reason. On restarting the pc it would be fine, for a while and then back to robo.

Have you checked that the pc saved the settings to dvd quality and that it didn't revert back to cd quality?

Is your dongle light on constant and not flashing?

Archived