Corsair Community

K95 Keycap paint wearing off quickly

TalesFromHoth

I have only had my K95 Plat keyboard for less than a month and the "A" key and Spacebar are already showing signs off wear? I do a lot of FPS, Overwatch, BF1, etc.. My old "different brand" keyboard never had this issue so I'm concerned about this.

I'm going to return it for a replacement, however is this going to happen again? is this is a known issue on these keyboards?

oXHeEfom.jpg

• 11 months later...
Same is happpening to me, spacebar already peeled and now the "S" keycap is begining to peel. It's a shame paying 190 euros for this keyboard and that to happen, I have a logitech G110 with ledbacklighnting from 8 years ago and none of the keycaps are peeled or damaged at all

• 5 weeks later...

Same problem.

In May, I bought a keyboard, but the buttons have already begun to wear off.

The last keyboard used for 11 years (Logitech g15), there was no such problem.

I would buy a set of PBT keycaps, but it does not exist with Cyrillic.

Is this a warranty case?

5R74I06.jpg

• 5 months later...
It's happening to mine as well specifically the "A" key. I have Owned many , Many Keyboards of all types and brands and have not had this happen so quickly, if at all.

same problem here, but i dont really care about that, i care about the cheap plastic along with the stem of the keycap breaking on both alt, ctrl, and soon to be D key. had to go back to my microsoft keyboard i have used for 7 years.

Corsair "could" make a better keyboard.

The question is do they want to.

From all the threads I have read on the forums here with key cap issues people are having, their mess of a product lineup and lack of feedback to suggestions and questions... I can only surmise no.

Which is very much a shame when you look at the potential they are missing out on from the REALLY kick *** products they could be shipping, never mind the appalling offerings I see from their competition.

And it's not just about supplying keyboards that are exclusively for gaming - I don't magically swap out my RGB rapidfire when I need to punch out an 8 page article or work with numbers.

Corsair has one of the most solid positions in the PC market space, yet they seem blind when it comes to looking into user feedback and making improvements to their products. Corsair is not falling behind because they don't innovate, nor are they slow for jumping on gaps in the market. Keyboards ARE complicated, so I will cut them some slack. But their attention and focus on the smaller things that THEY COULD CHANGE needs improving.

Put it another way, I would welcome the opportunity to share my feedback with Corsair, but my gut feeling says they just won't care. What could one person possibly point out to them that they don't already "think" they know? The best ideas and products can come from places you never expect.

Archived