Corsair Community

Ax1500i users?

ozzy1925

Hello, i am planning to buy ax 1500i in 2 days but as i see here many people had bad experience with ax 1200 i and some other psus.Do you guys think corsair had succeed with ax 1500i?I would like to hear ax 1500i users opinions please.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's literally the best power supply you can get if you really need that much wattage. Or just never want the fan to turn on for a silent build.

I will be a AX1500i owner when all the contest prizes are sent out! I'll be doing a video review of it as well. ;)

It does have a 7 year warranty, so if anything were to go wrong. Corsair will cover you.

What are you worried about? Have you not read or watched any reviews about it?

yea i do read and watch,but i rather want real user opinions than prepaid reviews..

• Corsair Employee
yea i do read and watch,but i rather want real user opinions than prepaid reviews..

What is a "prepaid review"? You honestly think most people that review products are paid to do so? If so, you've got the wrong perception there.

thats nice to hear :D:

and when will it be?

As soon as it is the contest winners get their prizes. Which will hopefully be very soon!

What is a "prepaid review"? You honestly think most people that review products are paid to do so? If so, you've got the wrong perception there.

This. They are sent to products to review so that Corsair can get the word out about their products to an audience that will actually care about it.

• Corsair Employee
As soon as it is the contest winners get their prizes. Which will hopefully be very soon!

This. They are sent to products to review so that Corsair can get the word out about their products to an audience that will actually care about it.

No offense, but you're naive. Sure, most review sites obtain about half of their samples from the manufacturer, but those samples don't come with payola or any kind of advertisement agreement. The reviews are done using a preexisitng testing methodologies and both the good and the bad are reported. If things are "tweaked" to show favoritism, and the site has a number of similar products reviewed, the frequent reader is going to catch it and call them out on it. And if you think that getting a free sample alone is enough to "pay off" the reviewer, then you have no idea what it costs to run a review site.

Now, end user reviews can be helpful, but there's more bias in those than a professional review, so you have to hold them with a grain of salt. 99% of the people that buy a product and experience no problems will never review the product. But if something goes wrong, 99% of the people that have something that goes wrong WILL report issues. This significantly skews reviews to show that something that is in reality a problem that occurs less than 1% of the time appear to occur more than 50% of the time. And, of course, when they claim to be a 5 out of 5 technical expert, odds are they're not much of an expert and has probably built only one or two machines in their life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. I was going to post a similar type question but was beat to the punch.

I was hoping to see reports from current ax1500i owners confirming the excellence of this power supply but no one so far seems to have replied.

Any current owners out there care to share their experiences? I am particularly interested in noise level (coil whine, if any, and/or fan noise levels) but would be interested in knowing how the power supply integrates into the monitoring and control software as well.

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee
well i think i have a proplem.according to this chart:

http://i.hizliresim.com/rYgBDN.png

my psu shouldt drop below to %93 even full load (230vac)but as i see it goes down to %90 @860watt

Yeah. The current version of the Link software is reporting efficiency incorrectly. That was discussed in other threads. Wait for 2.7 to come out.

Yeah. The current version of the Link software is reporting efficiency incorrectly. That was discussed in other threads. Wait for 2.7 to come out.

thanks, i also hear some buzzing like noise when i put my ear on the psu,no matter what load its same.I watched many ax 1200i videos at youtube about buzzing but this one is very silent according to those .I was going to take a video for you to hear but my wife washed my s4 :D:

• Corsair Employee

Earler PSUs >PERIOD<.

Efficiency initiatives were launched and improvements were made to PSUs, but without consideration of the noises some magnetics may make. Most of these problems have been addresses since the AX1500i was launched, but it's difficult to get rid of ALL noises.

So you pulled the PSU out, there's no load at all on the PSU, you do the paper-clip trick and you still hear a slight buzz? Is it really so quiet that you can only hear it when your ear is right up against it? Does it really bother you under normal use?

Archived