Corsair Community

Corsair R60 Not Detected

0255AM

First dive into SATA/SSD, however 5th system build. So, while I am not new to the hardware and building world - this portion is new. I'm not offended by people offering any feedback, even elementary...the more I learn, the more I can troubleshoot.

Issue: SSD not deteced in BIOS.

Basically, any time the computer enters into a Sleep/Hiber state or is shut down, the SSD is nowhere to be found upon restart.

The connection cables are fine as I have flipped cables with the optical and tested all ports on the Mb.

In the BIOS, the optical is found when flipping between IDE and ACHI, however the SSD remains a ghost.

If I simply reset the bios and continually attempt to boot, eventually the SSD is seen and everything loads. The computer works amazingly and it will continue to perform for hours upon hours, assuming that it is never powered-down or put into a sleep/hiber state. No errors, no issues, nothing.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a reason why the SSD simply would not show-up?

**More Info:

I've updated ALL drivers for ALL hardware. I've confirmed that the GPU, PSU, RAM are all workign properly. I've researched settings and others with the same issue(s) only to reach a dead end - I believe there was even a thread buried in these forums of a customer with the R120 experiencing the same problem(RMA was conclusion, if I recall).

System specs are available in pull-down.

Thanks, RAM GUY.

I am currently filling out the form and noticed that the Part Number pull-down does not have an option for the reference listed on my R60. :\ I will simply choose one and fill out the correct information in the Description field. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Also, does Corsair mail-out a new piece of hardware with a return-box or are customers expected to absorb the costs to replace the faulty equipment?

• Corsair Employee

This is explained in the warranty policy, and you pay the shipping to us and we pay the shipping back to you. You can talk to the reseller and see if they offer any other type of service..

And I have asked that the part numbers be added, just please make sure that you note that in the description.

Archived