Corsair Community

H50 countersunk screw issue

campbelln97

besides the problem im having at getting an amd mounting bracket for my phenom2, i have also noticed that the screws are not all flush to the copper base. this was flagged in a review that i read.

what are the allowances for this error? do the need to be perfectly flush?

how much of an issue is it?

is there a quick fix i can make that will not void the warranty?

happy independence day to you USA people :)

besides the problem im having at getting an amd mounting bracket for my phenom2, i have also noticed that the screws are not all flush to the copper base. this was flagged in a review that i read.

what are the allowances for this error? do the need to be perfectly flush?

how much of an issue is it?

is there a quick fix i can make that will not void the warranty?

happy independence day to you USA people :)

I have the same problem. 2 of the screws are not flush and when I mounted it on both of my Mobo's it didn't mount good. It was loose and I could twist it. So on my new motherboard I thought I may of did something wrong installing it. So after about 5 times one of the screws snapped on the LGA775 mount and I didn't over tighten it. Can I RMA?

• 3 weeks later...
RMA'd it and Corsair recieved it on July 20. RMA #1115009. Called the other day because I haven't heard any word back and was told that they are out of stock. What is this all about?

Tried to buy one lately? They are out of stock at Newegg, ZipZoom, and several other retailers. The only ones I can find it stock are about $15 more then I paid for mine at ZipZoom. Apparently they are in short supply even at Corsair. I was going to buy a 2nd but I guess I will wait a while until the stock builds back up and the price stabilizes.

Tried to buy one lately? They are out of stock at Newegg, ZipZoom, and several other retailers. The only ones I can find it stock are about $15 more then I paid for mine at ZipZoom. Apparently they are in short supply even at Corsair. I was going to buy a 2nd but I guess I will wait a while until the stock builds back up and the price stabilizes.

Why would I want to buy another one? I just want my replacement.

• Corsair Employee
I did contact customer support. No ETA at all. This is frustrating. My first RMA ever and its taking too long in my opinion.

What did they tell you? Did they give you a reason why they could not give you an ETA?

What did they tell you? Did they give you a reason why they could not give you an ETA?

All they said was when they get them in stock. No ETA on when they will be in stock. Called again. Support said maybe in 2 weeks. And if not in 2 weeks then I can get a refund. Sounds like the lady was trying to just get me off the phone. I was nice and courteous also. But, I feel it souldn't take this long.

Archived