Corsair Community

I'm about to build a new system (after 9 years, yay!) but I have some questions about hardware RGB compatibility that I'm not sure of.

• I'm planning to get some 4x16GB Vengeance RGB RAM. Am I correct in my understanding that the RGB for this RAM is controllable through the software without any additional hardware lighting components/modules?
  • I also want to get the H115i Pro RGB cooler. The page says it comes with "USB cable for Corsair LINK™ Integration". What I'm not sure of is if I also need any extra hardware components (like Commander Pro/Mini or Lighting Node Pro) to make this work.

While I am considering getting the Carbide SPEC-OMEGA case, there are some non-Corsair cases I like better. So what all would I need to make this setup work with a non-Corsair case? Or (functionally speaking) does it just make more sense to go with the SPEC-OMEGA case?

Appreciate any input!

I'm about to build a new system (after 9 years, yay!) but I have some questions about hardware RGB compatibility that I'm not sure of.

• I'm planning to get some 4x16GB Vengeance RGB RAM. Am I correct in my understanding that the RGB for this RAM is controllable through the software without any additional hardware lighting components/modules?

That is correct.

I also want to get the H115i Pro RGB cooler. The page says it comes with "USB cable for Corsair LINK™ Integration". What I'm not sure of is if I also need any extra hardware components (like Commander Pro/Mini or Lighting Node Pro) to make this work.

Nothing else needed, just a free/open internal USB 2.0 header.

While I am considering getting the Carbide SPEC-OMEGA case, there are some non-Corsair cases I like better. So what all would I need to make this setup work with a non-Corsair case? Or (functionally speaking) does it just make more sense to go with the SPEC-OMEGA case?

Appreciate any input!

This will work in a non-Corsair case. Take a look at my system details and all of the Corsair RGB that I have. And not a Corsair case.

[reply collapsed]

Thank you for the reply.

Follow-up question: On the software front, will I be using Cue, Link, or iCue? I've been out of the loop for so long that I'm confused as to which one does what. Will I need one or more of them installed simultaneously?

Thank you for the reply.

Follow-up question: On the software front, will I be using Cue, Link, or iCue? I've been out of the loop for so long that I'm confused as to which one does what. Will I need one or more of them installed simultaneously?

I would Give iCue a Try bud, Ultimately it's where the software is heading..

It is in Beta Format still so there are one or two bugs. but most can live with them ;).. the picky few will always find something to be distressed over lol.

also have a read of the below thread ;)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Covers the hardware side of things,,,

Archived