Corsair Community

RMA problem

3Duser

Hi guys.

I have been granted an RMA on my Corsair Force 120GB.

Only problem is, the supplier is telling me they won't refund my money until I get a confirmation from Corsair that they can get a refund from Corsair for the drive.

Is this normal? Is it even my responsibility to chase up refunds for their company?

They first told me just to get the RMA number and inform them of it, which I did, now they want the refund confirmation.

The company is pclan.com.au

Any help would be great.

• Corsair Employee

I am not aware of any reseller arrangements in other countries, they would need to work this out with their distributor. However we do not normally refund any item; only replace with the same part that is sent in for end users.

However, resellers normally will get credit on returned items but I think that has a time limit and again that reseller should know their policy with their distributor.

We would have little to nothing to do with this from a support side. Sorry!

But you are welcome to conatct our customer service and see what they can do or suggest.

• 3 weeks later...

The issue I am having is that Corsair granted me an RMA, but unless the company is going to hire a team of guys to re-write the buggy firmware, there is little point.

I installed an SSD from another company, and all the bluescreen/ahci drivers problems disappeared.

I think Corsair is a quality company, it is just this one Sandforce controller that is the problem. Can't be perfect 100% of the time. This jerk at pclan.com.au is refusing to give me a refund unless he gets one from Corsair.

I am now in the process of taking him to court to get a refund, but the court needs some evidence that the drive has had significantly higher than usual RMAs since it's release.

Some help from Corsair in that respect would be great.

Archived