Corsair Community

Corsair P256 SSD = you can't add another hdd?

06si

Just bought and installed my corsair p256 ssd with vista ult. 64bit and everytime I add another harddrive it gives me bsod. I thought since the hdd that I was trying to add has an os installed in it was the cause so I bought a brand new hdd from best buy (seagate 1.5tb sata). I hooked it up, boot up my computer, then it bsod on me. I put my hdds inside a hdd external case and it is functioning like a normal external hdd which means the hdds are not bad. Is there something I should do to my mobo(x58 classified) to make it working?:confused:

That should not have anything to do with the SSD Drive, did you install of the update for the O.S. including any new drivers for the chipset and check for a BIOS update from the MB Maker?

Everything is up to date. The ssd works amazingly fast if you don't install another internal hard drive. But doing that you wouldn't have any storage drive to use

I would image the SSD drive to another HDD and then test it with another MB to be sure it is not some problem with that MB.

I had an Intel X-25 slc 32gb ssd and everything was installed w/o a hitch. I returned it because of not having enough storage capacity and bought corsair with having 256gb of storage space. BTW both the Intel and Corsair ssd ran on the same motherboard (EVGA X58 Classified), so it is not the mobo. Am currently RMAing the drive since it gave me this result in HD Tune

HDTune_Benchmark_CORSAIR_CMFSSD-256GBG2D.png.b8d05ab4bd3bfd4267d53b643b9e34c1.png

Did you try the HDDs in different Sata ports, ensuring that your SSD was on port 1 and your blue-ray drive on the last port?

You could also try removing the Blue-ray drive and see what happens. With occurances like this it is best to try all other options first; I know its easy to blame the most recent piece of hardware, but sometimes its a new piece of hardware that highlights other possible underlying problems.

You could also try removing one of the graphics cards and see if it still happens; even though you have a 1000w PSU it could possibly be a power issue too.

Ahhhhhg; so many different things it could be and I can appreciate your frustration of having to try all options - I know what its like, been there, done it and bought the T-shirt.

Did you try the HDDs in different Sata ports, ensuring that your SSD was on port 1 and your blue-ray drive on the last port?

You could also try removing the Blue-ray drive and see what happens. With occurances like this it is best to try all other options first; I know its easy to blame the most recent piece of hardware, but sometimes its a new piece of hardware that highlights other possible underlying problems.

You could also try removing one of the graphics cards and see if it still happens; even though you have a 1000w PSU it could possibly be a power issue too.

Ahhhhhg; so many different things it could be and I can appreciate your frustration of having to try all options - I know what its like, been there, done it and bought the T-shirt.

Yes, tried all that. Even installed the os on a different hds and those hd works. Process of elimination pointed me to this drive(corsair's) unfortunately. I will be doing an exact exchange from newegg and hopefully this one is only a fluke.

P.S. Do you work for Corsair? Is there any way you could beat up:beatchair Samsung so they can release a firmware? I think the problem is the controller

Archived