Everything else in voltage: Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Everything I did not mention is set to: Auto

At the moment I am runing:

FSB Frequency: 333 with CPU Ratio setting: 10.0

FSB Stra to North Bridge: 333MHz

DRAM Command Rate: 2N

Those configuration will give me a option DDR3-1333MHz in DRAM Frequency.

And CPU speed are detected as 3.33GHz (the orginal speed, but Ram is FSB 333 1333mhz and not FSB 400 1600Mhz

And this configuration is stable in Windows

I cannot Find any divider option in bios (CPU / ram) so I cnanot set cpu Ram at 5:4 ratio (333 FSB cpu, 400 fsb RAM)

So, is there possible to set CPU at FSB 333 with 1333Mhz and RAM at FSB 400 with 1600Mhz ?

Or must I overclock ?

I have tryied FSB frequency at 400 and FSB Strap to North Bridge at 333Mhz with every voltage set to auto exept DRAM Voltage.

DRAM Frequency gets detected at DDR3-1601Mhz

CPU gets detected at 4.02Ghz

That configuration gets unstable

and

I have tryied FSB frequency at 333 and FSB Strap to North Bridge at 400Mhz with every voltage set to auto exept DRAM Voltage.

DRAM Frequency gets detected at DDR3-1332Mhz

CPU gets detected at 3.33Ghz

That configuration is wrong then since RAM detected at DDR3-1332Mhz and not 1600

When I try the X.M.P option in bios (Ai Overclock Tuner option)

(grayed out): Profile information: 1600MHz-7-7.7-20-2N-1.90V

CPU Ratio Setting: 10.0

FSB Strap to North Bridge: 333MHz

DRAM Command Rate: 2N

DRAM Timing Control: Manual with setting 7-7-20-7

CPU Frequency gets detected at: 4.02 GHz

FSB speed gets detected at: 1608Mhz

With the XMP option and a CPU Ratio setting at: 8.0 - CPU get detected as 3.21GHz that is still wrong regarding the CPU.

(bios detects it as 3.21 meanwhile Windows Wista 64 bit detect it as 4.00GHz)

Or is this my only option if stable ? Underclocking cpu to get a fsb 1600 for the RAM ?

Any suggestion ? Is my only option to overclock something ? And what voltage in ant option is prefered ?

What are prefered to change in Bios to get the most optimal settings ?

Or should I run both FSB and North Bridge to 333. And wait until maybe I get a FSB 400 cpu (expensive) ?

Ok. So there is not possible to run cpu and ram at

different (1333 FSB 333 cpu / 1600 FSB 400 ram) FSB speed ?

What about this ?

With the XMP option and a CPU Ratio setting at: 8.0 - CPU get detected as 3.21GHz that is still wrong regarding the CPU (not 3.33).

(bios detects it as 3.21 meanwhile Windows Wista 64 bit detect it as 4.00GHz)

Or is this my only option if stable ? Underclocking cpu to get a fsb 1600 for the RAM ?

This is not Wise ?

The best thing is to overclock cpu to FSB 400 to get a FSB speed 400 for the Ram ?

If so. Could you suggest the voltage settings in bios ? Or is it easier if I

post the options in bios for you to suggest ?

Or wait until IF I get a CPU than runs FSB 400 at default speed (If I decied to

go for one)

perhaps this will be helpfull to you, it's an easy to follow guide regarding overclocking, (contains details on RAM and FSB relations in case you havent read it) http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=159210

from what i read

Thank you for link. I will read it.

I am used to AMD socket 939 (which I had for many years)

Recently upgraded and discovered new thinkgs :)

• Corsair Employee
Spetter that is correct you would have to run your CPU at 1600 FSB on and Intel Chipset MB. You listed you had a E8600 CPU and if so it should be no problem, but you may have to run the CPU Multiplier a bit lower.

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

This question must be for another thread...In this thread is clear that we are all Asus Rampage Extreme owners.

I´m sorry...It must be my poor english. I thought I had said this before quite clear.

Im a Rampage Extreme owner with too much dram problems. My actual set (1800 from another brand) dont works (even in 1600). My first goal is run 1600 dram/400 FSB in my Q9550 with default timings, simply. Im in this thread waiting for the spetter´s stability tests for ordered or not a TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX kit.

Any recommendation would be deeply grateful.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry it is still not clear to me what you are trying to set in your BIOS.

However as a rule you have to run the CPU at 1600 FSB in order to run the memory at DDR1600. And that CPU runs at 1333FSB By Default so it would have to over clock to run the memory at their tested settings.

• Corsair Employee
O.K. if its stable for 10 Hours in Prime95 then the modules are fine, if that was your Goal and it was not achieved then I would try and lower the CPU Multiplier and test them again. In addition, running the system for more then 30 Min to hour in either of those tests should show a failing module, if you get errors in several hours into any test like that would suggest some other problem most likely a thermal or Voltage issue with the MB PSU or CPU.

Exactly, these are the modules that want to buy. But I feel much safer if spetter return to this thread to tell us how they are working on their Rampage Extreme.

There is only published some test of this board with Dominator, and we know that the xms cl9 kit runs well in this board too, but none test so far with xms cl7 modules. Only spetter can say so far something to the community. And there are many people waiting to know this.

• Corsair Employee
NP I am sure there are several people watching this thread, and I have asked that we try to get this on the schedule to test but it will not be listed in Test reports. But I will let you all know if we see any problems.

I do not have time to test Motherboard and Ram yet.

Will try to do some overcloking in the weekend few days from now.

At the moment I am running CPU and Ram at FSB 333 sync mode.

I have only changed the CPU fan. I hope that is enough. Or do anyone suggest to switch more from the original design ?

(meaning fan at SB and NB etc)

I could run Everst and copy/paste settings from Everst then maybe

you could suggest volt settings etc in bios.

Will copy/paste settings around Friday my timezone. I have too much to do

before that.

Archived