Corsair Community

7 LL 120’s using CP and 2x rgb hubs?

makrell1412

I have 7 LL 120 fans connected. 6 are through and rgb hub plugged into the led1 In the CP. all fan connectors are on the CP to control flow. I have a 7th plugged into another rgb hub into the led2 on the CP.

For some reason I’ve never been able to get more than 4-5 fans operational rgb wise. They all work flawlessly fan speed wise.

Any thoughts? I was thinking power supply issue but I have everything turned off but boot drive, fans, dvd and vid/sound cards on.

The issues start at boot up and persist through the software. I’ve moved cables around as some have suggested. I’ve looked at all the diagrams and everything appears normal. I know all the fans work as I tested them one by one.

Hey, hey!

Under your CP, click on the Lighting Setup TAB.

Make sure:

Lighting Channel 1 is: LL RGB Series Fans - 6 Fans are connected

Lighting Channel 2 is: LL RGB Series Fans - 1 Fan is connected

It was 4 on the 1st led no problem. Then I added another 3 pack with rgb hub combo and a commander pro. I do have it set in software to see 6 fans on led1 and 1 on led2. It’s so frustrating. Sure keeps the case nice and cold.

Only one fans led do not work. Should I try uninstalling software and reinstalling? Shouldn’t the one rogue fan light up during boot like the rest too, cause it isn’t. But when I disconnect a fan and connect this one it works fine, so it’s not a dud.

It’s just the one fan and it’s rgb functionality. I’ll try switching out the rgb hubs maybe there’s an issue there?

Testing them one by one doesn't validate that they fully work 100%. You need to test one? Does it light up? Yes? Put it on port 2. Put another fan in port 1. Does it work? Does the next one light up too?? They operate in series and its definitely happened that a fan "lights up" but doesn't pass the signal to the next fan on the hub. And that may well be the case here ... it's not the fan that won't light up that's bad but the one before it on the hub.

Solved. I knew I had it right and the frustration was mounting and I nearly disconnected everything and started from scratch. I swapped out the rgb hubs and they both worked with 6 fans connected. The 2nd port in the commander perhaps was the issue, so swapped the working rgb hub into the Each CP port and worked perfectly. Now on to the second rgb port. I know it works and the fans work.

So....I replaced the 2nd rgb hub to different sata power port on the same ps strip and nothing. So I tried on a sata power cable running the ssd’s and wouldn’t ya know it. Patience is a virtue. Now I got another ll120 running 8 and it looks awesome, now I just need a pair of 4 pin splitters so alll the fans benefit from the CP adjustments!

Although frustrating as hell the first set was a breeze, not corsairs fault the sata power cable on that particular strip failed. Oh wait, spoiler I guess it is Corsairs fault it’s a tx650w Corsair ps 😳 Lmao