Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB Firmware Update Failed

Arcanox

Every time I plug in my Scimitar Pro mouse, iCUE alerts me that its firmware is out of date and that v3.14 is available. Whenever I try and update, the process fails immediately and I am alerted "Update Failed". I have already tried reinstalling iCUE, including deleting all related files in ProgramData, %LOCALAPPDATA%, and %APPDATA%. I have also tried holding the Left/Right buttons while plugging the mouse in and waiting for the lights to come on again. I still cannot update the firmware.

It seems the attempt to update the firmware has made the action buttons (such as back/foward) not work correctly. I use these buttons very heavily, so it would be nice for them to work again.

Update: I just tried updating on a machine with an older version of iCUE (3.11.114) and the update worked. It seems there is an issue with newer iCUE versions that causes the update to fail. The machine on which the update did not work is running iCUE version 3.13.94.

The machine that did NOT work is my desktop, and I tried several different USB ports all over the computer (hub, KVM, front, back) to no avail.

The machine that DID WORK is my company laptop, and I was able to update through my KVM; it certainly seems to be an issue with the iCUE version.