Corsair Community

VOID Wired USB 7.1 not functioning after Windows Spring Creator Update

Kudurak

I've been browsing through these forums looking for as many ways as possible to fix the 7.1 surround on my wired VOID headset, but the solutions that seem to work for everyone else only applies to the Wireless version (i.e. re-pairing). Since the update I've attempted to eliminate any possible areas of concern I could think of:

Updated Video Drivers, Audio Drivers, and System/BIOS

fully uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE after the CUE update to iCUE (done x2)

checked default settings and audio devices

forced firmware update on the headset

fully uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for the headset

disabled and enabled the device in Device Manager

adjusted settings for application control before resetting to default again

and all of this of course involved plenty of system reboots.

I'm getting a little desperate because I've not found any solution to fix the problem. The button for Dolby Digital is toggle-able, but nothing changes in sound quality and I've lost the roomwide effect in Discord Voice.

• Corsair Employees

Hi Kudurak,

Another user had mentioned updating their Realtek audio drivers before getting their surround working again for their headset. Can you see if you have a Realtek audio device and try updating the drivers to see if it's similar for you?

I've been having this issue for the past few days as well (except I never had realtek to begin with). Neither surround soung or equalizer settings are working at all, and you can toggle them in iCUE but they don't do anything. Spatial surround won't enable for the headset through windows either. Followed the same steps op has, and also haven't found any posts that could be of any help.

Have you guys tried disabling fast startup? That seems to cause a lot of problems with a lot of various components and hardware. It does line up.

In a post on the PC Master Race subreddit, a user pointed out that fast startup was re-enabled in a Windows 10 update following the release of the Fall Creators Update. Following the April 2018 Windows 10 update it again appears that fast startup has been re-enabled, at least on my PC.

source: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

In any case give this a try and post back with your results. :)

Have you guys tried disabling fast startup? That seems to cause a lot of problems with a lot of various components and hardware. It does line up.

In any case give this a try and post back with your results. :)

I've just looked into this a bit. i started by disabling the setting for it like that page described, then so far I've restarted the PC twice to make sure the setting worked, and then I forced another Firmware Image to see if that did anything. As it currently stands, no changes from before. I'm thinking of what else I can do to try to fix this. Corsair Support seems to believe its an individual headset issue, and has offered standard RMA to me, though I am unsure if this will fix the problem. I'm tempted to believe its software based and not hardware based.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I've contacted and fully laid out everything to the support team. i was immediately given an RMA approval and given an alternate replacement of the VOID Pro Wireless variant instead of the original set of Void USB RGB Carbon. I wasnt asked to provide any extra details after the initial post, so I'm unsure if my point was well received.

Archived