Corsair Community

iCUE Wanted Features (collecting thread)

LeSnakk

So I have seen a lot of different threads suggesting different features for further iCUE updates. So I just wanted to make a thread where everyone can reply with their own ideas to make iCUE even better. Maybe some have already been listed in another thread but this thread should (in the best case) list all of them. Just make sure that nothing duplicates within this thread. And this thread is only about features, not bugs ;)

I just have a small rule, don't hate on the developers, I have the feeling that they are very stressed out with iCUE so be nice to them and they'll be nice to you ^-^

After reading, you can vote on which feature you want to see in iCUE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFqOwpLL_tNN59Xt7U8wXP-hOuT0OOQLLgCqJZfO-PTxLPjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Anyway, here are my ideas. Some may be hard to do but I still want to mention them because it would (in my opinion) really improve iCUE (even tho something may already be on the roadmap):

1) Ability to rotate the fans

Especially for lighting effects like VISOR it would be cool to rotate the fans so that the lighting effect looks better (eg. on LL fans).

2) Ability to change lighting link device/channel order

If you have for example two Lighting Node Pro's with all the LED-channels used it would be cool if you could set which channel should be considered first.

3) Device order

Not everyone can place their ST100 right above the mousepad and maybe somebody is left-handed and uses their MM800 on the left. All those people can't use lighting link like Visor properly unless they don't care about it looking good and if they would do so, their wouldn't have picked RGB peripherals. So please add an option to define where what is positioned.

Furthermore do some people (like me) use RGB-Stripes outside the case behind the monitor. If you could change the order of every product and how a lighting link goes through the products it would be really cool. So that my Visor starts at the keyboard from the left but also in the same direction at the same time at the RGB-Stripe benhind my monitor. That would look really sick.

EDIT: This option to set where your devices are placed should go so far as that you can not only decide where your mouse/headset/etc. is but also where the entire PC is. And to be even more detailled, where every single RGB-component inside the PC is positioned to make the lighting effects match the individual setups even better.

4) Lighting delay/overall lighting customization

It would be really useful if you could add a delay to the different lighting-effects-layers (especially the custom ones). If you could set lighting effects to only start after the previous one has finished or after a certain amount of time there would be endless options more to create your own lighting effect.

Maybe even add an option to perform a specific lighting layer after a key or macro is pressed without switching to an other profile.

In particular some sort of timeline would be cool (working like in video editing softare) where you can place all the lighting layers inside one timeline where you can individually set the time, duration, overlay of the lighting layers and so on... I think this would be a really big improvement when it comes to user friendliness and especially individual customizability.

5) Of course (as always) support for lighting sync with ASUS Aura/MSI Mystic Light and so on

I can totally understand when this takes a long time because working with other manufacturers is always more complicated then working inside your own company.

6) More SDK-Enabled games/easy option to create own Game-SDK-lighting

I love the iCUE game integrations. So more games would be cool, for examlpe PUBG, GTA, CSGO, Rainbow Six and so on. At this point my previously mentioned option (-> 4) ) of playing a specific lighting after a specific key or makro is pressed while staying in the very same profile would be incredible because then you could kinda make your own Game-specific Lighting which interacts with the actions performed in the game.

7) This crazy lighting sync Razer has with Philips Hue

To be honest I was f*ing envious when I saw the Philips Hue-Razer lighting trailer. I know this is a lot of work to do but still it would be amazing to see, even with those "skills" Razer has (more at -> 8) ).

8) Those "skills" Razer has

Those Razer Chroma Apps (https://www2.razer.com/chroma-workshop/apps) are really cool. Maybe Corsair could come around with something similar, maybe something what changes the lighting depending on different things happening on your phone, controlled through a Corsair App. Some examples: Display the current wheather on your lighting, Display an incoming call (maybe visor/pulsing green lighting), Display an alarm (super fast annoying white light flashing), and so on.

9) Change the position of the CUE space

I am using two nearly identical monitors but I always game on my left one and I didn't extend my task-/statusbar to my right screen. So the CUE space is always on my left monitor. This is very inconvenient while gaming. I'd wish to see an option to set the CUE space to the right side of my right monitor to be able to run the game fullscreen on my left and see the CUE space on my right monitor.

EDIT: 10) Improved Macro options for the Scimitar

I am from Germany and so I have my keyboard in the german QWERTZ-layout. Yesterday I wanted to put a Makro "Ä" to my G6-Makro-key on my K95 Platinum and the 8-key on my Scimitar Pro. So I while setting up the macro on my keyboard I could simply pick the letter "Ä" as a makro. But when I wanted to set the "Ä" on my Scimitar I had no option to pick the "Ä". "Ö" and "Ü" are also missing. So I decided to use a custom keypress but when I choose it in the software and then hit the "Ä" button on my keyboard it doesn't get the "Ä" but the " ' " apostrophe. Then I tried several things and noticed that "Z" and "Y" is switched as well. So it seems that it had be forgotten set the "language" of your mouse so that the mouse doesn't "think" that it is used in the QWERTY-layout when it is used in germany with the QWERTZ-layout. I ended up with choosing another button ("P") for my makro which worked fine but I just want to mention here that the possibility to set makros to the Scimitar Pro using the QWERTZ-layout would be very logical.

So that's everything I have for now (:D). I don't know yet but if I get the time I will extend my list with the suggestions from the comments:

1) More accessible lights

For example the DPI-light on the Scimitar or the three buttons (profile, brightness, windows lock) on the K95 Platinum can't be accessed through lighting layers. It would be a nice addition if you could use those lights in your lighting profiles as well.

2) A clipboard for Effects/Makros

If you want to apply a lighting effect to multiple devices you have to create it multiple times individually for each device. So it'd be helpful if you could for example copy the "Color Wave with the color #42f486 and #ff00f2" from your keyboard and paste it into the lighting effects panel of your fans.

So feel free to add your ideas! I am sure the Corsair Devs will have a look and maybe we will see things from this thread get added to iCUE in the future.

Also Feel free to vote on what you want to see the most: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFqOwpLL_tNN59Xt7U8wXP-hOuT0OOQLLgCqJZfO-PTxLPjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

@All the Developers: I really love iCUE. Keep up the great work! ::pirate::

Edited by LeSnakk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Will be implemented. Coming Soon™

2. But why?? Not sure what the use would be.

3. That would take a lot more work then you might think. Corsair makes 1 ambidextrous mice, well they have the Katar which has no extra buttons but its still shaped like a right-hand mouse sooooo yeaaa. Idk if they would ever see that as worthwhile. I think there would be more Mac users then left-handed people using right-handed mice. But moving the LED strips around would be nifty. And I guess if that was possible it would be trivial to throw in the mice and mouse pad.

4. That would be useful. I made a program that would do the timeline thing for CUE 1. If you can get Schwitz and Krazykid on board to push for that idea I think it would get implemented a lot faster lol.

5. I'm assuming iCUE will be the one controlling everything. ASUS uses the SDK from other companies to add support, so it's not an oh we can just suddenly support everything ASUS does. And I'm pretty sure MSI had gone with SteelSeries as their RGB keyboard partner, as seen by almost all of their laptops.

6. You can already do that with enough coding knowledge. And Actions can trigger a lighting effect in iCUE right now.

7. Yea, if Razer didn't sign an exclusivity deal with Phillips id be really really surprised. Wouldnt be much coding work since its a single LED. But man the corporate/business side would be messy.

8. Ohhhh, fancy. Yes, we need that.

9. They hear ya and it's being worked on.

So 1 and 9 I can confirm is planned? but no release date.

Edited by Inheritance
  • Confused 1

1. Will be implemented. Coming Soon™

2. But why?? Not sure what the use would be.

Oh, it's something that's been discussed. It would be a significant use when you have multiple devices with channels ... like a CoPro and 2 NoPros. Or 4 or 5 NoPros, like someone we both know.

3. That would take a lot more work then you might think. Corsair makes 1 ambidextrous mice, well they have the Katar which has no extra buttons but its still shaped like a right-hand mouse sooooo yeaaa. Idk if they would ever see that as worthwhile. I think there would be more Mac users then left-handed people using right-handed mice. But moving the LED strips around would be nifty. And I guess if that was possible it would be trivial to throw in the mice and mouse pad.

This is really an extension of #2. And it's been discussed.

4. That would be useful. I made a program that would do the timeline thing for CUE 1. If you can get Schwitz and Krazykid on board to push for that idea I think it would get implemented a lot faster lol.

Yeah, this would be super-cool. Perhaps we'd see the introduction of an advanced mode? A delay start and a run x # of time or for X timeframe would be a start.

5. I'm assuming iCUE will be the one controlling everything. ASUS uses the SDK from other companies to add support, so it's not an oh we can just suddenly support everything ASUS does. And I'm pretty sure MSI had gone with SteelSeries as their RGB keyboard partner, as seen by almost all of their laptops.

It could be done. There's various ways that it could be done. One would be a plug-in model. Another would be direct support. Either case isn't a priority at this time, I don't think but I think that doing the plug in model and allowing others to do it would be best. The CUE SDK has some functionality for this but it's not what I, personally, would like from what I've seen so far.

6. You can already do that with enough coding knowledge. And Actions can trigger a lighting effect in iCUE right now.

Noooo ... the FarCry functionality is a different and specific thing. It's profile based (unlike the iCUE SDK) and it's not open (at this time) to other games unless Corsair directly adds support to iCue AND the developer adds support in the games. It would be cool, though, if profile-based support was made more generally available.

7. Yea, if Razer didn't sign an exclusivity deal with Phillips id be really really surprised. Wouldnt be much coding work since its a single LED. But man the corporate/business side would be messy.

Something limited could be done with the current SDK. If the current SDK added the profile-based support that we see for FarCry, that'd be more do-able.

8. Ohhhh, fancy. Yes, we need that.

Well, funny you say that ... again, if lighting profiles were accessible from the CUE SDK then we could do that.

9. We hear ya and it's being worked on.

So 1 and 9 I can confirm is planned, but no release date.

How about fixing what we have first and have it running properly before concentrating on adding new features (and more bugs)

They most likely have multiple people working on this tool and some will work on debugging and fixing issues, while some others will be adding features. For small issues, they are not going to have everyone working on the same problem.

If you have the ll series fans you can understand me ..

In cosair link is a option to use -> Rainbow wave (channel effect)

Im so dissaptionted that i couldn't find it in icue so i uninstalled it if anyone were to read this please add this feature

The CUE SDK has some functionality for this but it's not what I, personally, would like from what I've seen so far.

So the CUE SDK is the place where the magic will happen... I'm very excited about what we'll see there ^^

How about fixing what we have first and have it running properly before concentrating on adding new features (and more bugs)

How I said this thread is not about bugs. Just features.

In Corsair link is a option to use -> Rainbow wave (channel effect)

Im so dissaptionted that i couldn't find it in icue so i uninstalled it if anyone were to read this please add this feature

What do you mean? There is a "Rainbow wave" effect in iCUE.

5) Of course (as always) support for lighting sync with ASUS Aura/MSI Mystic Light and so on

I can totally understand when this takes a long time because working with other manufacturers is always more complicated then working inside your own company.

This is easily the feature that I want to see the most. It would be fantastic to be able to have one app for lighting control across my whole system.

I just got Scimitar Pro RGB mouse and the MM800 Polaris along with it and was curious about additional lighting and software features.

1: Assigning brightness to individual lighting effects rather than applying it to all lighting effects under settings. (pretty important in my opinion)

2: Time controlled lighting— say i don't want my lighting to appear when not in-game and it's between 12 am and 8 am for example

3: adjusting the "width" of lighting such as effect like the spiral rainbow do not use all lighting zones at once but switches among them. (see razer)

4: allow the DPI light on the Scimitar Pro to be controlled by lighting effects

5: a disable option while the "timer" is activated (out of curiosity—particularly for games like Bless where the game will play an audio clip of "you can not do that")

6: Various brightness settings on the Scimitar Pro (only has high and no brightness)

7: Advanced settings along the lines of "If ____ is held for x ms" or "is multi-pressed" then "do y"

Oh, it's something that's been discussed. It would be a significant use when you have multiple devices with channels ... 4 or 5 NoPros, like someone we both know.

Do I know Him/Her? ;).. yes we need this along being able to rename both the device and the individual items attached to it....

My 4 node pros and 40+ corsair strips are lost in the system lol.. who knows which one Is which?.. I don't!..

I just have a small rule, don't hate on the developers, I have the feeling that they are very stressed out with iCUE so be nice to them and they'll be nice to you ^-^

This....... you sir win the internet today..... good call..

Ability to rotate the fans

Especially for lighting effects like VISOR it would be cool to rotate the fans so that the lighting effect looks better (eg. on LL fans).

Not just rotating them in software so they're the right way up, but also being able to set how they're aligned: horizontally (both-left to-right and right-to-left) or vertically (both top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top).

I have MLs stacked vertically and most of the linear effects look dreadful, so this would be really handy.

2) Ability to change lighting link device/channel order

If you have for example two Lighting Node Pro's with all the LED-channels used it would be cool if you could set which channel should be considered first.

I have 2 pairs of lighting strips either side of my front fans so this would let me do a left-to-right link effect (strip 1 > fans > strip 2).

3) Device order

Not everyone can place their ST100 right above the mousepad and maybe somebody is left-handed and uses their MM800 on the left. All those people can't use lighting link like Visor properly unless they don't care about it looking good and if they would do so, their wouldn't have picked RGB peripherals. So please add an option to define where what is positioned.

Furthermore do some people (like me) use RGB-Stripes outside the case behind the monitor. If you could change the order of every product and how a lighting link goes through the products it would be really cool. So that my Visor starts at the keyboard from the left but also in the same direction at the same time at the RGB-Stripe benhind my monitor. That would look really sick.

This is the killer feature for me as I've an (apparently) uncommon layout: my PC case is on my left :eek:

A visual interface would be ideal: show a depiction of a generic desk and drag-and-drop markers for your devices. E.g. the case (which could just be a group of any CoPro or NoPros that are connected) could be dropped either on the top left or right, or underneath left or right. The keyboard would snap to the centre of the desk, headset to your seating position, mouse pad and headphone stand would have more freedom and the mouse would be linked to the pad location.

Then there could be a set group for the inside of the case, or just having manual grouping. What would really be the cherry-on-top would be a visual representation of your case similar to LINK but either isometric (to show all sides in a 2D display) or separate views of each side (maybe rotatable, maybe having the correct fan mount positions for all Corsair's own cases). That way I could tell it that NoPro CH1 are ML fans running up the front of the case, that fan3 is the rear exhaust, that CoPro CH1 has 2 strips running down the left of the top panel then the front panel, that CoPro CH2 has the same on the right.

All this configuration could then be used to inform the lighting patterns.

7) This crazy lighting sync Razer has with Philips Hue

To be honest I was f*ing envious when I saw the Philips Hue-Razer lighting trailer. I know this is a lot of work to do but still it would be amazing to see, even with those "skills" Razer has (more at -> 8) ).

I've got 2 HUE lamps either side of my desk which light up the area behind my monitor (not to mention the rest of the wall) quite nicely. After setting up an entertainment space in the HUE app and using the HUE Sync app on Windows I get my desktop colours washing across the back wall. It works nicely in games and VLC (Netflix won't play ball due to DRM).

It would be awesome if they could get the same kind of integration Razer have, though I won't hold my breath. The SDK should allow colours to be sent to a HUE entertainment zone, just like their HUE Sync app, or even control individual lights and activate scenes (like the many Hue controller apps in the Windows Store). Lots could be done even without the partnership Razer have.

Ditto!

1: Assigning brightness to individual lighting effects rather than applying it to all lighting effects under settings. (pretty important in my opinion)

6: Various brightness settings on the Scimitar Pro (only has high and no brightness)

You can kinda already do this by putting a black solid above the effect and then change the opacity or brightness of that black layer to make it less black and this will control the effect layer's brightness underneath.

Not just rotating them in software so they're the right way up, but also being able to set how they're aligned: horizontally (both-left to-right and right-to-left) or vertically (both top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top).

I have MLs stacked vertically and most of the linear effects look dreadful, so this would be really handy.

I have 2 pairs of lighting strips either side of my front fans so this would let me do a left-to-right link effect (strip 1 > fans > strip 2).

This is the killer feature for me as I've an (apparently) uncommon layout: my PC case is on my left :eek:

A visual interface would be ideal: show a depiction of a generic desk and drag-and-drop markers for your devices. E.g. the case (which could just be a group of any CoPro or NoPros that are connected) could be dropped either on the top left or right, or underneath left or right. The keyboard would snap to the centre of the desk, headset to your seating position, mouse pad and headphone stand would have more freedom and the mouse would be linked to the pad location.

Then there could be a set group for the inside of the case, or just having manual grouping. What would really be the cherry-on-top would be a visual representation of your case similar to LINK but either isometric (to show all sides in a 2D display) or separate views of each side (maybe rotatable, maybe having the correct fan mount positions for all Corsair's own cases). That way I could tell it that NoPro CH1 are ML fans running up the front of the case, that fan3 is the rear exhaust, that CoPro CH1 has 2 strips running down the left of the top panel then the front panel, that CoPro CH2 has the same on the right.

All this configuration could then be used to inform the lighting patterns.

So a very extendend/detailles version of device-order/placing-management... sounds cool I'll try to add it in my top post.

Edited by LeSnakk

So the CUE SDK is the place where the magic will happen... I'm very excited about what we'll see there ^^

How I said this thread is not about bugs. Just features.

What do you mean? There is a "Rainbow wave" effect in iCUE.

here watch for your self im realy missing this because i realy like how it looks

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ux8u4d38xdoyv0n/20180621_165634.mp4/file

• 1 month later...

+1 for more stability in the dashboard.

You pick your stuff and organize it. And as soon as you have some bluescreen because u overclocked to much and/or in the phase of trying several OC's the dashboard erases itself and is blank again and again.:mad:

That is pretty uncomfortable. I like the dashboard!

+1 for more stability in the dashboard.

You pick your stuff and organize it. And as soon as you have some bluescreen because u overclocked to much and/or in the phase of trying several OC's the dashboard erases itself and is blank again and again.:mad:

That is pretty uncomfortable. I like the dashboard!

The file for the Dashboard is in %AppData%\Corsair\CUE\Widgets. If you save that off after getting it the way you want, you should be able to restore it.

A BSOD is an inherently disruptive action. File corruption is not unusual.

I would suggest the ability to read additional sensors on motherboards. I have a Asus Maximus IX Extreme and it has some additional sensors that report the flow speed and water temperature on the monoblock (which has sensors that connect to the MB). They show up in HWiNFO and the Asus software (of course), but it would be nice to be able to read these in iCUE as well.