Corsair Community

Lots of problems with 3.3 (Log included)

lord_ariez

Well, unfortunately, this was a terrible update for me. To be honest, there are way too many problems for me to even begin troubleshooting so I'm downgrading. It was nice to have the startup lighting issues fixed but too many problems to keep.

1- High Cpu - 18-28% on my OC 8600K, tried a few of the steps on the stickied post and couldn't resolve it.

2- Default Fan Profiles - On startup the default fan profiles go ape, I've found that killing the corsair service reverts them to proper rpm settings. I'm aware a custom curve isn't an issue because my rad and exhaust fans are on custom curves, my others are set to use different default profiles depending on which main profile I'm running.

3- Dashboard - Trying to use the dashboard completely crashes Icue, can't even get a glimpse of it, the second I click on it, It's crashed.

4- Mouse issues - 3.3 has seemed to break both the forward and back buttons on my Harpoon mouse, haven't bothered to see what's going on with this one as the list of problems is just too high already.

All components have the latest drivers, I was really hoping to not have to open task manager on every start but it's back to the drawing board. I know you guys are working hard to please keep it up but I'll be waiting for the next update before I do anything.

(Getting security error trying to upload log, will try a browser restart and reupload)

I still can't upload my log, anti-virus and defender disabled...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Well, unfortunately, this was a terrible update for me. To be honest, there are way too many problems for me to even begin troubleshooting so I'm downgrading. It was nice to have the startup lighting issues fixed but too many problems to keep.

1- High Cpu - 18-28% on my OC 8600K, tried a few of the steps on the stickied post and couldn't resolve it.

2- Default Fan Profiles - On startup the default fan profiles go ape, I've found that killing the corsair service reverts them to proper rpm settings. I'm aware a custom curve isn't an issue because my rad and exhaust fans are on custom curves, my others are set to use different default profiles depending on which main profile I'm running.

3- Dashboard - Trying to use the dashboard completely crashes Icue, can't even get a glimpse of it, the second I click on it, It's crashed.

4- Mouse issues - 3.3 has seemed to break both the forward and back buttons on my Harpoon mouse, haven't bothered to see what's going on with this one as the list of problems is just too high already.

All components have the latest drivers, I was really hoping to not have to open task manager on every start but it's back to the drawing board. I know you guys are working hard to please keep it up but I'll be waiting for the next update before I do anything.

(Getting security error trying to upload log, will try a browser restart and reupload)

Interesting, do you have any of the problematic devices V2 AIO, RGB RAM, or Void Pro Wireless headset? I don't know if any confirmed that the harpoon was working also the first person I have seen with a K55 keyboard. Do you have a different mouse/keyboard you could test with. You should also be able to pull up the Task Manager and just unplug the mouse to see if it goes down, then pull the Keyboard as well. Lastly is there anything in your profile that is corsair you left out?

I still can't upload my log, anti-virus and defender disabled...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Try closing your browser completely and reopening it or try a different browser.

I just tried to reupload the log through chrome and edge, both with Avast and defender off. Also tried a full system restart and I'm still getting the same error with the upload.

Here's a dropbox link to the log file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfmd8ov1m6gqfu7/cuelog.zip?dl=0

I also updated my profile specs to include the h100i V2 (Which I know is problematic) and my fans.

EDIT- I don't have another keyboard or mouse to try.

Same for me. With every iCUE update my setup works less. With the latest version the fans going nuts was introduced and also the LightningLink Visor is slower and somehow looks choppy. But just on the fans, for keyboard mousepad it works as expected.

Also the LightningLink Visor is slower and somehow looks choppy. But just on the fans, for keyboard mousepad it works as expected.

I noticed this after the update 3.3 also. Any moving light effects like visor or colour wave appeared choppy or stuttered.

Current version is BS and it doesn't seem like they note down simple issues people report. Sticking with the last version as so far its the only version of any corsair program I've used so far to stay under .5% cpu and 100mb memory. Have to put up with my bright AIO LED though.

I haven't had the best outlook with corsair software since a dev posted few months ago that it was ideally fine to have a program such a this use 15% cpu resources. I wish I saved the post, but it seems to have been deleted along with my response to him. On top of that I'm still having a constant struggle of a 50/50 chance that a device won't stay connected when my pc boots/restarts and its still a common issues being reported by many.

Archived