Corsair Community

Icue 3.2.87 Showing Wrong/Different Hardware After Inactive Desktop

specialkone

So when I install Icue, the correct cooler hardware shows, with the two fans and pump.

After some time away or maybe it's just time, Icue is showing fans 1 & 2 with the correct fan speed I set, but then shows a mysterious fans 3 to 6 as "quiet", and then shows my pump as quiet.

What in the world is causing these four fan readings (on my pump I assume) to show up? The only thing that fixes it, back to the two fans and one pump is a reinstall of Icue.

I get that the software is beta but I'm at the point where I don't trust it to operate the hardware correctly. The fan speeds sometimes change when this happens. None of my USB devices are on power saving mode.

This seems like the fan reset bug affecting some users on 3.2.87. There is no guaranteed solution, but one thing to try is making a custom curve using the tools in the top right of the graph. You don’t have to keep those settings, but change values by inputting numbers into the box, not dragging the points. Seems to be hit or miss. It happened to me twice in the first 24 hours, but not since I did the above. If it continues, you may wish to use Link until the next version.

**And 3.3 is now out. No patch notes yet.

Thanks c-attack but I always do use a custom curve using the tools and inputting numbers into the box. I still have the issue.

Please Corsair, I'm sure you would agree that the software ALWAYS running the rad fans and pump properly is a priority over any light show. At this point I'm afraid to run ICUE unless I look at the H110i performance tab every hour. Not something I want to be doing so ya guess it's back to the two softwares, Link and Cue unless this gets fixed.

Advance word is the 3.3 fixes this. We shall see. On 3.2.87, I think the real trick was using the shape tool first. I have some speculative theories, but when it was really causing issues using the curve tool first solved a few on its own. However, you are right -- if you don't want to be bothered with a heightened level of vigilance, it is better to use the released CUE/Link package. Beta testing is not for everyone and I tire of it when I am really busy.

Advance word is the 3.3 fixes this. We shall see. On 3.2.87, I think the real trick was using the shape tool first. I have some speculative theories, but when it was really causing issues using the curve tool first solved a few on its own. However, you are right -- if you don't want to be bothered with a heightened level of vigilance, it is better to use the released CUE/Link package. Beta testing is not for everyone and I tire of it when I am really busy.

3.3 does fix this. I've not had any issues with fan curves on 3.3.

Archived