Corsair Community

keyboard doesn't work in bios

SuperTRev

I need to get into my bios and make some changes, but the keyboard doesn't work at all in bios. In bios, the keyboard has that horrible 'all red lights' function; I'm assuming that happens when cue (or the keyboard driver itself) isn't loaded. But I can still use the keyboard, when I first turn on the computer, to enter my windows password (when the same red lights are on), before the desktop boots up. Same story with the screensaver password. Red lights, but keyboard works. Just not bios. I just want to change my power settings to stop my mouse from waking up my computer. (The device manager tab is missing that option, I looked already).

Also I'm struggling to get cue2 to trigger a profile when the screensaver comes on. I just want to make some basic lighting effects, instead of that haggard red keyboard of death. No idea why a screensaver kills a peripheral's window process, so that the hardware reverts to it's loading state every time. But whatever. Also confused why windows loads up everything in one minute, and then the keyboard loads two minutes later.

Could someone help me with this please?

• Corsair Employee

All of the keyboards we offer have a BIOS polling rate you can set in case you can't enter the BIOS. For the Strafe, you need to hold down the WinLock key and and F1 for 5 secs, then release when the PC is powered on. The scroll lock indicator light should start blinking. To exit BIOS mode, just perform the same key combo, and the indicator will stop.

CUE is required for all lighting effects, which is why if you enter the lock screen or a screen saver the keyboard reverts back to the default red/white layout. Same thing applies when you boot into Windows, CUE has to load before the lighting effects take effect.

That bios trick does work, just not in bios itself. (I'm referring to the uefi firmware settings, cause windows 10 is weird).

I used an old keyboard to browse the settings, and they don't have what I need anyway. I guess I won't be able to disable mouse screensaver wake up. Cause you know... logic.

As for the screensaver problem, does cue2 support screensaver profiles in windows 10? (A lighting scheme that triggers when the screensaver starts) I can't seem to get it working.

Also, do I have to only use advanced or simple lighting only? How come I can't use advanced lighting on one profile, and also have simple lighting on another?

The 2018 technology struggle is real.

No man, F1 and the win lock key does not switch to bios mode. Windows 10 doesn't even have a bios mode. F1 and win lock just makes the white "key lock-lights" blink, and that red glowing key field of death comes on. I assume this mode is so the keyboard will work in any circumstance without cue. But it definitely doesn't change to bios mode.

In Flanders fields, the corsair keys glow.

Red and haggard, between the keys, row on row.

Lest we forget.

Did you read the part that I was already in the uefi mode, and I don't need to use F1 win-lock keys anymore?

Why am I getting responses that are ignoring the screensaver problem and the advanced lighting problem?

I forgot to mention the reason I used my old keyboard in uefi mode, is that F1-Win Key trick did nothing. I was in the uefi screen, and the keyboard still didn't work.

It didn't fire up that 'polling mode'. I know this, because those "lock lights" didn't blink. And of course, none of the keys worked, so I was trapped in the uefi blue screen of corsair FAIL. I had to unplug my computer twice because of this keyboard. And the second time, it was because corsair tech support gave me false info.

So I found and plugged in my old plastic $3 generic hp Fischer price half broken with keys that I had to release with a pocket knife keyboard. Low and behold!

A keyboard that does what a keyboard is designed to do! How about that.

God forbid someone helps me with my (every corsair customers') screensaver issue. Or the advanced vs. basic light scheme issue.

Yeah, seems like they should have locked down the basic functionality of the keyboard before adding lighting modes etc. I wouldn't expect any useful information/support info from Corsair employees, they're just going to regurgitate the same "reset the firmware", "it's a problem with X software, not ours" while refusing to admit/work on the very real problems with their hardware/software.

Archived