Corsair Community

Void Pro Wireless 7.1 static noise.

Cantas

Hey,

i bought the Corsair Void Pro Wireless 7.1 a week ago. But i have all the time static noise in the background which goes on everytime the headset receives sound.

I tried multiple usb slots 3.0/2.0 and EQ settings. But i cant fix it.

I think the problem is the Corsair Utility Engine. If i uninstall it the background noise disappears.

But i want to use 7.1 so i need another way to fix it. Anyone know another way to fix my problem? Maybe with an older version of the driver or something else?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am having a bit of an issue with my headset when playing games or listening to music I can hear the sound quality drop for a second and go right back. I think its switching from Surround to Stereo. I have voice prompts on and when the sound changes nothing is being prompted. Its not a profile switch either because I don't get the profile switch beep and I can see the profile itself is not changing. Not to mention I have wiped CUE and reinstalled and did not add any profiles.

Any body have any ideas?

Edited by Reefboi16

I want to check once again see if it happens with CUE closed but I have the latest installed 2.19.65. I will make sure to test that when I get home. I have deleted cue and all its settings and did a fresh install of CUE to see if it was something I did wrong but the problem was still there. Will test out of CUE today.

• Corsair Employees
Can you guys attach your system specs? Also, try performing a force firmware update through the Global Settings (gear wheel) at the top mid of the CUE program window. Also, which software are you guys experiencing the static in? Edited by Corsair Nick

I had this issue with my H2100 when i first picked it up, The "Microphone Check" aka Voice Loopback was turned on in the Corsair App

Alternatively, Right click the Sound Icon at the Bottom Right of windows->recording devices->select your mic->select the "Listen" tab and make sure "Listen to this device" is unchecked.

^^Also while you're here make sure that the device is set to default for both Voice AND Audio

Edited by Berchia

I've also checked that and it does not work

and from what I see I'm not the only one who happens in the forum

and I'm not the only one whit this problem wtf

I changed my first void in case they were defective, but with these happens the same

sorry for my bad english

Got the same identical trouble. Got it (Half) solved by zeroing the equalizer sliders, the blank noise is barely there when there are other sounds, still annoying when you try to keep sounds very soft, but at least you can use the 7.1 settings. I hope that corsair will push an update for either firmware or software fixing this issue soon

three days ago that the left side of the headset is with a static sound I have already reinstalled the CUE up to an old driver and it did not solve the problem among other things, this is really annoying me and my ear buzzing on the left side if I get on the desktop the noise stop, if I open a browser or open a game the noise continues. Please, Corsair, does this have any solutions?

Model:CA-9011130

EDIT:is the older model Corsair Void Gaming Dolby 7.1 USB I typed wrong.

EDIT 2: I try all other USB Ports.

Edited by pasine

• Corsair Employees
All sound playback will be in surround if you have CUE running and Dolby enabled. There isn't an option right now to change that in CUE, and not sure if it is possible with how Windows has playback devices setup. I'll bring the suggestion up to our developers and see if there is anything we can do in CUE to give this option in a future release of CUE.

When you uninstalled the CUE software, or if you close and exit it now, does the static disappear in all applications?

No, continue the static sound only stop for when I'm on the desktop and it's only on the left side that it has to do with the microphone?

Sounds great, what about the problem I am experiencing with sound degradation mid game? I have tried everything from forced firmware upgrades, reinstalling cue, reinstalling drivers. Nothing seems to fix it. There are no voice prompts that occur when the sound quality drops.

• Corsair Employees

I've merged all the threads related to this issue so we can gather more data and track it easier.

We are looking into the issue, however, we will need more information about your system build and which Windows version (build #) you have installed. There are some known issues related to the Creators Fall update, but we want to be sure if that is the case.

Info we will need:

PC Build

System Build

Windows Version

Corsair Headset Model (Pro or Non-Pro), (Surround, USB, Wireless)

CUE Version

Firmware Version

In the interim, make sure you have updated your BIOS, chipset, and USB drivers with those from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Edited by Corsair Nick