Corsair Community

VOID - Control Buttons not working (Mic mute, EQ etc)

zortam

Hello people, i received my new wireless VOID today morning. Everything looks good, sound is crispy and clear BUT i am encountering a huge problem with the headset's control buttons (EQ, Mic button).

These buttons work great when CUE is not installed.

They even work fine after installation of the CUE but only for a few minutes. Then suddenly they stopped working hence i need to either alt/tab and mute the mic from CUE or skype for example.

Human interface engine is running and is set to automatic. I even restarted it with no chance. I have reinstalled CUE again with no luck.

Although the headset is pretty good, i am pretty annoyed with this issue and i would like to find a way to solve it.

Thanks a lot in advance

Update: It doesn't really matter if CUE is installed or not. After a PC restart, the buttons work fine for a few minutes and then suddenly they just stop working. Only the volume button works.

I have also tried connecting the receiver to different USB ports with no luck

Try to pair the headset with the dongle (paperclip hole on the dongle/hold power button on headset for aprox 10 secs)

The volume buttons don't make noise untill at max/min volumes (CUE button will not work without the software) Mute button should make an on/off sound too

Try to update the firmware too in the CUE software

Ok update nr2 : CUE installed, drivers installed, PC restarted : everything works fine, mute button works, volume control works up UNTIL the moment i press the Volume button to change the EQ, then the whole thing hungs and buttons no longer work till i exit and re-open CUE. So apparently pressing the volume button (changing EQ) conflicts with something

Update 3: Ok i dont know if i have a defective device or if there is some problem with the Drivers/firmware but i am noticing another problem which i havent till now. The InfoMic LED indicator doesn't light up or even change color according to the charging/battery state as it should. The whole CUE thing seems very buggy or at least it is for me.

I did try reflashing the firmware, unfortunately it didn't help. Problem still persists.

Headset and buttons working fine until the moment i either press the volume button (to change the EQ) or untill it randomly decides to not work anymore. I have reinstalled CUE, forced firmware update, removed all HID drivers, repaired registry a bunch of times. I also tried using the headset in a new Windows account with no software running, same thing happens.

Archived