Corsair Community

Corsair H1500 audio channels reverse while playing games

Dead God

I got a new Corsair H1500 headset for Christmas and the sound quality is great, but while playing Black Ops 3 the audio channels keep reversing on me. I can fix it by unplugging the headset from the USB port and plugging them back in, but it's a temporary fix. I sometimes have to do this three or four times during a round. I didn't have this issue with the Plantronics GameCom 780 I was using previously.

I did a forum search and saw that several others were having the same issue since the launch of this headset, but couldn't seem to find a thread that provided a definitive solution to the issue. Has anyone found a fix or should I consider this a failed product and see if I can return it for a refund? I really like the sound quality so I hope there is a way to fix it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide.

I've only noticed it with Black Ops 3 at the moment. I haven't tried removing the Corsair drivers, though I did try turning off the Dolby Surround. Even in 2.0 stereo mode it still reversed audio channels. I'll try uninstalling all of the Corsair software and see if it makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

So uninstalling the drivers doesn't help (didn't think it would) and it's happening in every game I play. Which is a real problem for FPS games. At this point I've switch back to my old Plantronics GameCom 770 headset because, while it doesn't sound as nice, it at least works the way its supposed to. I'd return this Corsair headset and make a note not to purchase them again, but they were a Christmas gift and I don't have the receipt.

Being a long-time user of Corsair products (I have the K70 keyboard, a 750 watt power supply, and RAM) I'm more than a little disappointed that no one from Corsair appears to pay attention to the forums.

• 1 month later...

So I contacted Corsair support and they granted me an RMA for the headset. Shipped the old one back and received a new replacement this past Tuesday. Since then the problem has recurred at least three times. It's not as frequent as it was previously, but it's still happening regularly enough to be problematic.

At this point, unless someone has any other recommendations, I'm thinking I'll have to call it a loss and purchase a headset from some other company. This is disappointing as I really like the sound quality of this headset.

• 4 weeks later...

An update for those who are interested.

As I mentioned previously, submitting a ticket with Corsair support resulted in them issuing an RMA and I sent the headset back in spite of the fact that it didn't seem hardware related. Two weeks later I had a new H1500 headset that didn't go very long before exhibiting the same problems.

Updated the ticket and was told that my issue wasn't an issue at all, but a feature and that I should turn off 7.1 surround when listening to 2.0 stereo. I patiently explained that I didn't think they were grasping the problem and that the audio I was listening to was 7.1 and it didn't whether it was set to 2.0, 5.1 or 7.1 it was only a matter of minutes before the audio channels would reverse in the middle of a game.

That's when the offered to send me the newer equivalent Void headset as a replacement. So I packed up the headset and sent it back again. Two weeks later (last Friday) I opened the box to see another H1500 headset. Apparently the message didn't get through to whomever ships out replacements. Tried it anyway and it still exhibits the same problem.

Having grown frustrated I updated the ticket explaining that I got the same headset back again and that I was giving up on any hope of getting a working headset from Corsair. I then went out to Best Buy and bought a Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma which worked properly all weekend long. Sadly, I think the H1500 headset has better sound quality, but at least the Razer headset doesn't reverse audio channels suddenly in the middle of a frenzied match of Black Ops III.

Today they updated the ticket apologizing for the mixup and offering, again, to send a Void replacement if I would just pack up the headset and send it back a second time. I left a reply explaining that I had given up on getting a working headset from Corsair and at this point I would send back the headset if they were willing to give me a refund, but I would not send it back again and wait another two weeks to see if they could manage to send the right product back. If they want to send me a Void I would accept it, but I was done jumping through hoops. I explained that this has severely damaged my opinion of Corsair and how they decide to resolve the issue will have a part to play in any future purchasing decisions I make with regards to their products.

I have not heard back on this latest response, but at this point I'll think very long and hard before purchasing another headset from Corsair in the future.

Archived