Corsair Community

Updated Void Wireless to 37.03, now no sound through headset

storm32145

I have the Void Wireless headset. It worked great till last night when I updated from firmware 33.xx to 37.03, now I get no sound through the ears. I checked under sound and made sure the headset was the default device, I reinstalled CUE, I forced the firmware to update again, and I re-paired the headset to the dongle. Is there anyway to roll back to firmware 33.xx? The headset worked great until this firmware update. I can access the headset, and hear beeps from the CUE software but nothing from any other programs. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Thank You in advance.

There are no other sounds other than the ones from CUE, like when you mute or unmute the microphone. There are no errors listed in device manager, I have also ran troubleshooter in printers and devices. I have verified that I have the latest drivers for everything on my computer. Device Manager lists the driver coming from Corsair, driver date as 10/27/2015, the version is 2.0.41.0, and digital signer as Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.

Try another way, please check your Sound icon right bottom, click right mouse and then click sound, please click Sound, and then it may display sound menu, pleace check Playback and then please select a playback Device and then change your default speaker sound device to Headset Earphone that have a sign to 2-Corsair Void RGB Wireless Gaming Headset device and then apply Ok

Right click the speaker icon in the notifications tray and press volume mixer. Is the headset listed in the device group? If not, use the dropdown menu and select the headset. Does it help?

If it doesn't. Temporarily disable the speakers in the sound window until the headset only remains, Try playing audio and see whether it starts playing from the headset.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to "capture" your thread - but I have the same problem. FW 38.01. Dongle FW 38.01. Bars in playback shows activity to the speakers - nothing through the headset. Only beeps from CUE software and mute buttons etc. works. Nothing from Windows, at all.

CUE version 1.15.36.

Searched the forums again and again - can't find any solution. I had the Corsair Vengeance 1500 before - and just got the Void Wireless RGB.

I also tried different USB ports etc.

Archived