Corsair Community

Corsair VOID Wireless drivers not recognized

Hoffie92

Hello everyone,

I just recently bought a Corsair VOID Wireless SE Yellowjacked and i love it so far, But when i wanted to update the firmware on the headset it just shut down never to come alive again.

I already left it to rest for over 24H to drain the battery, That worked.

But it will not turn on now, Even with the charging cable plugged in. there are also no lights that light up when the headset is plugged in or when I try to turn it on it does nothing, No lights, No Beep. nothing

Windows sees that i plug something in but somehow it does not know what drivers to use for the headset. The USB dongle is recognized properly. But for the headset itself it is named like this: Unknown USB Device (Invalid Device Descriptor), My question now is the following, Is there a place where i can download or find the drivers for the headset myself, So i can assign these to the headset so that windows sees it as my headset.

I already tried re-installing the CUE software multiple times, Even the older versions. CUE also does not recognize the headset as being plugged in via USB port, it keeps telling me to plug in the Headset.

I also made a screenshot with it, Here you can see that it does not recognize my headset (Red circle's) But it DOES recognize my USB dongle (Green Circle).

Thank you in advance.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Danny Hofland

678163861_Brokenheadset.thumb.jpg.a5293562ebc0fe4dce245ab5f43e6004.jpg

Try a different USB port and see if Windows detects the headset connected correctly.

If the headset is in bootloader mode. It should be detected as Avnera AV6302 under Devices and Printers when plugged in. You can open CUE and force flash the latest firmware.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152196

If the headset is not in bootloader mode, it will be detected as a VOID Wireless Gaming Headset under Devices and Printers when plugged in.

The headset appears not to be in booth loader mode, Since it is not recognized at all right now, When the dongle is not plugged in it does not see the Anerva or the Void, When the dongle is plugged in it ONLY sees the dongle, The force update does also not work because CUE does not see the headset as plugged in (Also noticed in first post), Thats why i need the ORIGINAL drivers for the headset, Since my pc does not see the headset itself, only the dongle

The headset device (When headset is connected via USB to a computer) uses Microsoft's generic HID driver. (input.inf) You can try manually installing it and see whether that helps.

You can also try the firmware update on another computer as well or check and make sure Windows is up to date and the latest chipset drivers and BIOS is installed.

The headset appears not to be in booth loader mode, Since it is not recognized at all right now, When the dongle is not plugged in it does not see the Anerva or the Void, When the dongle is plugged in it ONLY sees the dongle, The force update does also not work because CUE does not see the headset as plugged in (Also noticed in first post), Thats why i need the ORIGINAL drivers for the headset, Since my pc does not see the headset itself, only the dongle

Well, you always have to have the dongle plugged in. The headset won't work through a USB cable unless it's the wired version (which has no dongle :):)..

So, keep the dongle in, and try and pair the headset with the dongle using a needle. Search the forums for that, i think i recall there is a sticky thread about it :):

Can someone from customer service chime in on this please? I have the exact same issue. The headset works fine, however windows (10 with the latest December update) will not recognize the headset when plugged into ANY USB port in order to update the firmware.

"Installing the update on another computer" is not a viable solution. Not everyone has access to multiple machines. CS really needs to look into this. I was able to update the last firmware patch (36.08) just fine. Now, I cannot.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I just recently bought a Corsair VOID Wireless SE Yellowjacked and i love it so far, But when i wanted to update the firmware on the headset it just shut down never to come alive again.

I already left it to rest for over 24H to drain the battery, That worked.

But it will not turn on now, Even with the charging cable plugged in. there are also no lights that light up when the headset is plugged in or when I try to turn it on it does nothing, No lights, No Beep. nothing

Windows sees that i plug something in but somehow it does not know what drivers to use for the headset. The USB dongle is recognized properly. But for the headset itself it is named like this: Unknown USB Device (Invalid Device Descriptor), My question now is the following, Is there a place where i can download or find the drivers for the headset myself, So i can assign these to the headset so that windows sees it as my headset.

I already tried re-installing the CUE software multiple times, Even the older versions. CUE also does not recognize the headset as being plugged in via USB port, it keeps telling me to plug in the Headset.

I also made a screenshot with it, Here you can see that it does not recognize my headset (Red circle's) But it DOES recognize my USB dongle (Green Circle).

Thank you in advance.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Danny Hofland

Danny,

Try using a different USB cable (ie: from your cell phone, for example). Just for ha-ha's, I tried a different cable and it worked. Not sure why it worked. I don't question these things.

Archived