Corsair Community

PSA: After updating VOID to FW33, You may Need to Pair it (Instructions in Thread)

Corsair Chris

Once the firmware has been updated you will need to put your headset and dongle in pairing mode.

For the headset: make sure the headset is turned off, once it is off press and hold the power button until the InfoMic flashes green and red. Please use this video as reference: [ame]

[/ame]

For the dongle: you will need to insert a paperclip into the hole under the LED. Press and hold until the LED flashes rapidly. Please use this video as reference: [ame]

[/ame]

After the two devices pair, the LED on the dongle will be solid white.

I paired the headset but I am receiving no sound. CUE says the headset is charging and "works normally".

No sound. Never should have updated.

Edit: also getting nothing from the lights on the mic. I press the mute button and hear a noise, but no light on the mic.

• 2 weeks later...
My Void had worked really well, until I downloaded the firmware update. Now it doesn't work. I've tried pairing it per your instructions, but that just makes the headset colors flash red.

If it's the earcups flashing red, it's normal behavior. You can change the settings and such in CUE.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm also having trouble with this headset. I had Void Wireless and it worked fine. After 5-6 days I changed it to Void Wireless Yellow color and it doesn't work anymore. It worked the first few minutes, but now it wont turn on. When I plug the Dongle in the computer, it says the headset needs a update, but the headset isn't connected. When I try to update it, it freezes on 0%. Can't do anything. I have the latest update CUE. What to do??

• 2 months later...

I just registered here to say thank you.

After my first update which is 38.01 (bought it yesterday) i had some pairing issues : my Wireless Void 7.1 (RGB) was often disconnected like 4 or 5 times in a row during 5 minutes of sound. I Just tried your tutorial and it seems to work fine now.

It's been now 30min without any issues.

Thanks again !

• 6 months later...

Thanks also from me for the pairing tips. Man I had a hard time finding a paper clip in my place. :) I was in a panic after a firmware update seemed to eliminate sound in the headphones even when set to default in Windows.

Thought I'd mention -- in my case, after successfully re-pairing the Corsair headphones and dongle, I needed to restart my PC before audio finally worked normally again. It wasn't working until after the restart.

Cheers. :)

Archived