Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming Headset Software 2.0.37

Corsair James

• Corsair Employees

Hi all,

An update to the audio software has been released here: http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/Gaming-Headsets/CorsairHeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.37.msi.zip

This is version 2.0.37.

This software as added support for Windows 10 for the H1500, H2100, Vengeance 2000, Vengeance 2100, 1500, 1500v2, as well as HS40.

Edited by Corsair Chris

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

using vengeance 2000 headset. Audio is still too loud and distorts (seems boosted by x2) and 5.1 > 7.1 up-mixing is still broken. Rear channels (more specifically directly behind) are far too quiet.

Can also confirm same case with the Corsair Vengeance 2100

When i look at the downloads tap for the Vengeance 2100 the only change is this :

Added support for H2100 & H1500 headsets

changelog

1. increase number

2. replace " Vengeance " with " Gaming "

3. Add H1500 / 2100 ( exactly the same as old Vxxx - side note made the Hxxx with yellow highlights but couldn't be bothered to change the led to yellow so still blue , just how lazy have they become :(: )

That's all she wrote , tadah :D:

Wait.... so theres now a H2100 or is it just the same as a the V2100 and now comes in yellow with a new branding on :confused: I cant keep up with these products. Most issues from v2000 days are still not fixed in terms of the driver for win 8.1 - loudness etc. I do worry for win9 release how that will be supported if at all :sigh!: Edited by vexed

Still hasn't fixed my issue with the Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2. Mic displays no sound at all apart from static or whenever i touch the headset itself which causes a thud sound. Ever since i installed the corsair drivers it seems to have stopped the mic from working. However when i had the windows default drivers it was working perfectly. I tried uninstalling the drivers but whenever i plug my headset back in, it would install the latest drivers for my headset. Really wish corsair would fix this issue.

i have vengeance 1500

Sound is still too low, have to keep on minimum that the button on the cable goes (2/100).

So its like a on off button, no sound there between to adjust.

And like others said, realy **** logo, probably the only thing updated in the driver

Edited by ramzanox

So far so good. It is louder then the other releases. I have to use lower volumes to achieve the same level. The sound other then that seems better, the bass is also not as distorted as before. I will post here if I can think of anything more. I still mute the mic and line IN under sound properties to get the best/hiss free experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed and been using the drivers for a week or two now and I have to say the 3D positioning is *MUCH* better. Really accurate!

The only caveat is that it sounds tinny and distorted, like the quality has taken a severe drop. I have also changed output to DVD quality and that helped a little, but not too much :/. I was using 1.1 on windows 7, but since I made the jump to windows 8.1, it really doesnt want to use the old version.

Currently running 2.0.35 on windows 8 with a Corsair Vengeance 1500v1. I really want my sound quality back. Its currently terrible. Sorry guys :(

Going back to 1_1.1 The sound quality is tremendous. Got it working in windows 7 compatibility mode.

Also, instead of DVD quality, I can get studio quality 32 bit 96000hz, I couldnt get this with the new drivers. The difference between DVD quality and Studio on 1_1.1 is minimal but noticeable. The DVD quality compared from 1_1.1 to 2.0.35 is worlds apart. maybe something to look into. Till then I will continue to use Studio 96K till the next drivers are solid. Just some constructive feedback for you Corsair bods ;)

The drivers have gone downhill ever since they upgraded to the new control panel. The HS1 panel was far better and sadly I have to admit it but any headset post HS1 has seemed to be a step-down in audio quality. I will continue to recommend corsair RAM but for now I am no longer buying any Corsair Audio products, it seems the audio products now are just an afterthought.

I bought my H2100s on Sunday so have no experience with anything other than this latest version.

I have, though, been utterly dumfounded at such poor sound quality for £100 headphones.

Volume is way too amplified and dolby® settings make things worse.

I am sitting here listening to internet radio with all EQ set to zero and volume at '12' in an attempt to reduce distortion but it's just not working.

With the 50mm drivers these headphones could be outstanding but with the over-amplification they sound like cheap rubbish.

I have some old Sony RF wireless headphones that sound much better than these things and would appear to still last twice as long per charge.

This is quite apart from the faffing around swapping between speakers/phones in the windows applet that now (since H2100 installation) takes 1m25s to open.

Having come here and found that these are literally a re-badged old model with loads of un-addressed issues, I feel like I got conned.

I'm taking them back to PC World this afternoon as I believe the money would be better spent on something, anything else.

Okay, um, Corsair? I love you? Your K90, K70, K70 RGB, HS-1, 1500s, 1500 V2s, all awesome? But...

Sadly, these drivers are terrible. Just, awful. I'm sorry, but they are completely unusable, and if you have a pair of 1500s or 2100s, you really really need to be using the 1.1.1 drivers. Those are what I am on, and I dare not upgrade further anymore.

Every time I do so, I just instantly get burned. I was hopeful, really, I was, but if the sound quality DECREASES after I upgrade, I am not interested.

What happened, guys? An age ago, when the HS-1s were released, we had voice modulation (which, I admit I never really used) and all kinds of other neat stuff. As it is, the drivers now offer little in features aside from an equalizer. I really like how you can adjust the 7.1 speakers and such things, but I stick with Stereo if I'm perfectly honest.

Could you please maybe just, scrap every update past the 1.1.1 drivers, and just start from there again? Just, preserve everything there, but add support for whatever new headsets and such?

I mean, if you're not going to try to add any more cool features or anything, well... I would like for you to at least stop parading the new, functionally kaput drivers, and start sharing downloads for the old ones.

Thank you.

Okay, um, Corsair? I love you? Your K90, K70, K70 RGB, HS-1, 1500s, 1500 V2s, all awesome? But...

Sadly, these drivers are terrible. Just, awful. I'm sorry, but they are completely unusable, and if you have a pair of 1500s or 2100s, you really really need to be using the 1.1.1 drivers. Those are what I am on, and I dare not upgrade further anymore.

Every time I do so, I just instantly get burned. I was hopeful, really, I was, but if the sound quality DECREASES after I upgrade, I am not interested.

What happened, guys? An age ago, when the HS-1s were released, we had voice modulation (which, I admit I never really used) and all kinds of other neat stuff. As it is, the drivers now offer little in features aside from an equalizer. I really like how you can adjust the 7.1 speakers and such things, but I stick with Stereo if I'm perfectly honest.

Could you please maybe just, scrap every update past the 1.1.1 drivers, and just start from there again? Just, preserve everything there, but add support for whatever new headsets and such?

I mean, if you're not going to try to add any more cool features or anything, well... I would like for you to at least stop parading the new, functionally kaput drivers, and start sharing downloads for the old ones.

Thank you.

Do you have those 1.1.1 driver ? and could you please share them ?

The v1.1.1 drivers are for the V1500. If you own a different headset e.g. V2100, etc. THe drivers will not work.

Here is the link to v1.1.1 for the V1500

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/drivers/audio/v1500driver_1-1_1.exe

i find strange that corsair dont adress peoples problems with the drivers.

i my self do not have that many problem with the headset ( get a buzzing sound when iam charging them and using mic. )