Corsair Community

My keyboard cause problems for my wireless headphones

Valkaras

Hi!

The keyboard makes the sound choppy and sometimes very much so. I am absolutley certain that there is the keyboard who is the problem because if I turn off my computer the sound is still choppy until I turn off the keyboard, after that the sound is perfect. If I activate the keyboard (only the keyboard, not anything else) again then the sound gets choppy even if I dont press any buttons.

It's a great keyboard, but is there some way to make the keyboard cause less interference? Is it possible to somehow change the frequency on the keyboard or change the polling rate? I can't change the polling rate in icue, the "device polling rate" is empty and the "dongle polling rate" is grayed out on 1000 hz and not possible to change...

My headphones are audio technica ath-m50xbt if that makes any difference

You are getting RF interference between the kb and dongle, and the wireless headphones, both which use the 2.4GHz range.

I would suggest trying to turn off the headphone transmitter while the keyboard is on, and see if the unit picks a better frequency range. If not, you can try the BlueTooth option for the keyboard, which may coexist better, as the headphone unit may be better BT aware.

Or use the kb wired.

For example, if I want to use my K63 and Dark Core both on BlueTooth, I need to turn on the keyboard first, and let it connect, THEN turn on the mouse. Then both can coexist and perform as expected. If I don't the mouse gets super-sluggish and lags to Gehenna.

Edited by Apophis3