Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro + LL120 Fans Glitching Issue

Maxlem

Hello,

I've recently been having issues with my Lighting Node Pro and 3 Corsair LL120 fans.

In the images in my attachments you can see my fans glitching with seemingly random color flashes. In the pictures my fans are set to white.

I also made a webm where the issue is visible (near the end)

I've been noticing this issue since I installed iCue (because I bought a corsair keyboard) and uninstalled Corsair Link.

I have tried multiple different solutions, but none appear to work:

• Reinstalling iCue
  • Deleting and reinstalling Corsair USBXp Driver
  • Tried disabling the "Corsair USBXp Driver" in Device Manager
    => I dont think this did anything, the driver appears to remain enabled.
  • Changed the lights from Channel 1 to Channel 2 on Lighting Node Pro
  • Downgrading Firmware to 0.5.104
  • Change fans from port 1, 2, 3 to 4, 5, 6 on rgb hub
    => When I do this no fans light up at all.
  • Disable windows fastboot

When I enabled debug logging in iCue, I saw the following in my error log:

AsetekCoolerProDevice: Device can't be open. USBCommandHandler.SI_Open returns false
AsetekCoolerProDevice: Exception while writing and reading: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.
DevicesMonitor: -> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.
  at SiUSBXpWrapper.SI_DeviceNative.InternalWriteAndRead(Byte[] data)
  at SiUSBXpWrapper.SI_DeviceNative.WriteAndReadWithRestart(Byte[] data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.GetData(AsetekCoolerProOutputBuffer buffer)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.GetFanSpeed(Byte fanIndex)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.<PackFanSpeed>d__7.MoveNext()
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.Accept(ISensorVisitor visitor)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.Accept(ISensorVisitor visitor)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProComponent.<InternalAccept>d__0.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException: Exception of type 'SIUSBXpWrapper.USBDeviceReadException' was thrown.
  at SiUSBXpWrapper.SI_DeviceNative.InternalWriteAndRead(Byte[] data)
  at SiUSBXpWrapper.SI_DeviceNative.WriteAndReadWithRestart(Byte[] data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.GetData(AsetekCoolerProOutputBuffer buffer)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.GetFanSpeed(Byte fanIndex)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.<PackFanSpeed>d__7.MoveNext()
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.AsetekCooler.AsetekPro.AsetekCoolerProDevice.Accept(ISensorVisitor visitor)<---

However, this longer appears when I enable debug logging. Something I did must of fixed this issue.

When checking Windows Event Viewer I noticed the following appeared at seemingly random intervals (sometimes 5 minutes between crashes, other times hours between them)

Windows Error Reporting:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Corsair.Service.exe
P2: 3.13.0.11
P3: 5c52e5e1
P4: System.Management
P5: 4.7.3056.0
P6: 5a8e5a11
P7: 8a
P8: 51
P9: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6A73.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Corsair.Service._62dee19f53037958095c24aeb6e4ae48496e08f_ff1db169_1550cf3a

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 36976a3f-b119-48dd-9929-cff383d8c839
Report Status: 4196
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0

Does anybody have suggestions for other troubleshooting I can do?

IMG_20190323_235703339.thumb.jpg.43b6afd821b10764ae770b278d36af20.jpg

IMG_20190323_235134995.thumb.jpg.dc6a2432afd223cc9d2b64ac7970c7e7.jpg

Edited by Maxlem

The error log shows difficulty with connecting to the cooler. Are you running any other monitoring tools? Anything else that controls the coolers RGB and/or reads the fan speed and temperature?

The other error is WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) crashing. WMI does that. I hate WMI; it sucks. System.Management is a .NET assembly wrapper around the COM-based WMI API and it's really painful.

The error log shows difficulty with connecting to the cooler. Are you running any other monitoring tools? Anything else that controls the coolers RGB and/or reads the fan speed and temperature?

The other error is WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) crashing. WMI does that. I hate WMI; it sucks. System.Management is a .NET assembly wrapper around the COM-based WMI API and it's really painful.

I've not been able to recreate the log that I mentioned before. (Something I did might have fixed this issue, the glitching still persists though)

Right now the only thing in my log is the following:

2019-03-27 17:48:19.6327 | 24 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1014(avg: 1010,07) ms 
2019-03-27 17:48:19.6327 | 24 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 8(46 sens.) 

2019-03-27 17:48:20.6515 | 3 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1017(avg: 1010,07) ms 
2019-03-27 17:48:20.6515 | 3 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 8(46 sens.) 

2019-03-27 17:48:21.6653 | 24 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1012(avg: 1010,07) ms 
2019-03-27 17:48:21.6653 | 24 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 8(46 sens.) 

I do have the following monitoring software installed, but none of it is running when the lights are glitching.

• HWiNFO
  • CPUID HWmonitor
  • Some Gigabyte software I have installed might be able to read fanspeed/temps

Is there a way for me to check which software could be reading this information? I've tried using Process Explorer and searching for "Corsair" but the only results are linked to iCUE.exe

I had the exact same problem, and it turned out to be a damaged led cable for the LL fan.

Have you tried removing all the fans and trying them one by one?

I have not tried this, but I have noticed all 3 fans have the same issue. (If you open both images attached in the first post you can see all fans have this glitching issue.)

BTW - HWInfo will read the Corsair devices. So that could have been the cause of the issue connecting to the cooler. You can disable this in settings for HWInfo by disabling support for Link and Asetek devices.

Monitoring for my Corsair H150i Pro was already disabled in HWiNFO:

HLOguJM.png

I just found out Wallpaper Engine also has integration with iCUE, I disabled this but the glitching is still happening.

n5q0iEJ.png

Is there other software I should look for that could be messing with my corsair devices?

Monitoring for my Corsair H150i Pro was already disabled in HWiNFO:

HLOguJM.png

That's not where you need to do it. I'm not 100% sure of the difference but at least on startup, you will still have issues. You have to do this in the HWInfo Settings (when you first start it).

y4mXK7y-0VaQ1XsyZxABYTlEDnjbG3BrDx2C6BCiaLQXeCOk3ezVrm_qzTDg7H3Mh9GbjIoFqPNkhaJdyeya2RvpNFpxebCmEIQMLXjZbcnDEXBpp43AZSM2U3mAkwRFbNQFPekVYK4UhhubrD7OAEhCk7Ysw4D_-ChGho1EiqgJUIvGLrRh2qjJ3lzdTotaqQ1gw1XvPneKnl9vXB_wu577w?width=498&height=359&cropmode=none

I just found out Wallpaper Engine also has integration with iCUE, I disabled this but the glitching is still happening.

Wallpaper Engine uses the SDK for lighting integration only. That's fine and won't cause an issue. The issue is when multiple apps try to directly access the device via USB - these things run in "Highlander Mode" - there can be ONLY ONE!

That's not where you need to do it. I'm not 100% sure of the difference but at least on startup, you will still have issues. You have to do this in the HWInfo Settings (when you first start it).

y4mXK7y-0VaQ1XsyZxABYTlEDnjbG3BrDx2C6BCiaLQXeCOk3ezVrm_qzTDg7H3Mh9GbjIoFqPNkhaJdyeya2RvpNFpxebCmEIQMLXjZbcnDEXBpp43AZSM2U3mAkwRFbNQFPekVYK4UhhubrD7OAEhCk7Ysw4D_-ChGho1EiqgJUIvGLrRh2qjJ3lzdTotaqQ1gw1XvPneKnl9vXB_wu577w?width=498&height=359&cropmode=none

Wallpaper Engine uses the SDK for lighting integration only. That's fine and won't cause an issue. The issue is when multiple apps try to directly access the device via USB - these things run in "Highlander Mode" - there can be ONLY ONE!

Still getting the same issue after disabling this setting.

The fan lighting issue or the error log re: the cooler issue?

For the lighting, let's look to see if removing one fan at a time resolves it. Just make sure that they are in the fan hub ports in series. It's possible that you have one bad fan that's randomly causing this - the fans operate in series so one misbehaving fan can have a "trickle down" effect.

The fan lighting issue or the error log re: the cooler issue?

For the lighting, let's look to see if removing one fan at a time resolves it. Just make sure that they are in the fan hub ports in series. It's possible that you have one bad fan that's randomly causing this - the fans operate in series so one misbehaving fan can have a "trickle down" effect.

Error log is normal.

I moved the middle fan to RGB hub slot 3 and bottom fan to hub slot 2, at first everything seemed to work fine, didn't see any glitching for a while.

Then I started playing some games and I noticed the glitching started again.

I rebooted my PC and waited for the lights to appear stable again.

I thought the issue might have been CPU load / heat, so I ran a CPU and GPU benchmark at the same time (Prime95 & FurMark).

After 5 minutes the fans did indeed start to glitch.

I opened my case, waited a little bit and the fans appear to be working normally again.

I ran another benchmark with my case open and Lighting Node Pro & RGB Hub outside of the case and have been able to recreate the problem, CPU temps are the same with my case open but the temperature around the Lighting Node Pro & RGB Hub should be a lot lower.

I tried changing the order of fans connected to the RGB hub and found the following:

---------------------------------------
TOP Fan 	- Slot 1 - seems fine most of the time (glitches rarely)
MIDDLE Fan 	- Slot 2 - glitching a lot
BOTTOM Fan 	- Slot 3 - glitching a lot
TOP Fan 	- Slot 1 - seems fine
MIDDLE Fan 	- Slot 3 - glitching a lot
BOTTOM Fan 	- Slot 2 - glitching a lot	
TOP Fan 	- Slot 3 - glitching a lot
MIDDLE Fan 	- Slot 1 - glitching a lot
BOTTOM Fan 	- Slot 2 - glitching a lot
TOP Fan 	- Slot 2 - glitching a lot
MIDDLE Fan 	- Slot 1 - glitching a lot
BOTTOM Fan 	- Slot 3 - glitching a lot
TOP Fan 	- Slot 2 - glitching a lot
MIDDLE Fan 	- Slot 3 - glitching a lot
BOTTOM Fan 	- Slot 1 - glitching a lot
TOP Fan 	- Slot 3 - glitching a lot
MIDDLE Fan 	- Slot 2 - glitching a lot
BOTTOM Fan 	- Slot 1 - glitching a lot

I'm not really sure if heat is the issue (I've seen the fans glitching without my computer being under load and being idle for a while), but it might have something to do with it.

Edited by Maxlem