H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is NO alternative if you have a FULL system of corsair products which you want to be synced all-together when you launch a specific game where a iCUE profile has to be loaded.

True.

Never liked corsair peripherals. Looks like this cooler is the last thing I buy from them.

True.

Never liked corsair peripherals. Looks like this cooler is the last thing I buy from them.

Thing is, you cant even trust on reviews anymore. I watched every review which was posted by the time and no review mentioned this groundbraking issue...

How on earth should a customer, who informs himself before he buys stuff, trust in Corsair anymore when even reviews are worth nothing nowadays..? :(

Thing is, you cant even trust on reviews anymore. I watched every review which was posted by the time and no review mentioned this groundbraking issue...

How on earth should a customer, who informs himself before he buys stuff, trust in Corsair anymore when even reviews are worth nothing nowadays..? :(

I would guess that it didn't happen to the reviewers, tbh. Or they would have blown a gasket.

I would guess that it didn't happen to the reviewers, tbh. Or they would have blown a gasket.

Ohh so now we blame the reviewers since they never had it happen. Well done I honestly didn't see that coming.

No biggie, I just filed a complaint with the CA AG, the NYS AG and the BBB.

I've also sent information regarding this to Rueters, Bloomberg, The Register, HardOCP and I encourage any one else who has finally reached their limit to do the same.

This could, nay should, have been fixed long ago but seeing as Corsair is basically giving us the finger, I saw it as time to ratchet up the heat.

*Shrugs* I fully expect that this will continue to get no solution for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Waukeen

The consumers sure have blown a gasket.

Sent mine off spending $30 in shipping for pump problems. I didn't even bother mentioning about about the USB disconnects, because I knew that it wasn't fixable.

Wait 2 weeks to get a piece of junk that still

Makes horrendous pump noise when on silent

Makes grinding noise when on balanced

Thanks corsair for wasting my money and time with out a system. The only cooler I have will scratch my glass. So that's not an option. Nor am I going to spend $30 more for another cooler, and reset all of my overclock settings.

No it isn't the fans. I zero'd out all my fans including the PSU.

I'm lucky that I don't have to use the garbage software. Others have corsair products that needs iCUE. We all know it's the software that's the issue. If you don't run it, there is no disconnects.

This is an awesome experience. Notice the sarcasm.

Corsair should of gave a refund as an option.

The consumers sure have blown a gasket.

Thanks corsair for wasting my money and time with out a system. The only cooler I have will scratch my glass. So that's not an option. Nor am I going to spend $30 more for another cooler, and reset all of my overclock settings.

This is an awesome experience. Notice the sarcasm.

Corsair should of gave a refund as an option.

Nah, I haven't blown a gasket yet. Believe me when I blow a gasket you will know it.

It is awesome isn't it? I would rather have Steve Ballmer sweating his way through a monkey suit doing bad things to me than deal with this.

And aren't you forgetting reimbursement for your costs dealing with something that clearly are in capable of fixing?

Doubt they're going to give 2 weeks with out my system and my shipping costs.

Don't know where you are at but you could always look into small claims. Not advocating for that but you can add stuff like that into the claim depending of local laws.

I'm going a different route to try to get this situation out there to hold Corsair accountable. This fiasco has gone on long enough and the silence is deafening.

So my complaint number with the BBB is 13468946 if you want to read it whenever they post it publicly.

I love the fact RATM - Know Your Enemy started playing while I was typing that up. I know I do until such time as this is resolved.

Is the problem completely solved by setting a static color and closing iCUE + service or do I also have to disconnect the USB cable?

I would always keep it connected with Usb Cable to monitor pump speed / temp. liquid through HwInfo.

I hate to keep posting on this forum about the same problem, but I think the whole way iCue links to this cooler is a farce. The USB disconnects are annoying as hell, and what's even more annoying is on the odd occasion where iCue shows up as there being two coolers connected at the same time!

I honestly couldn't wait to receive this cooler when I ordered it, it was the first real upgrade I'd done since I built my computer back in February 2018, and it was a lot of money for me to spend just on a cooler, with the H100i RGB Platinum costing me about £125. I went to all the trouble of cutting out my non-removable DVD drive tray in my PC case when I found out the radiator wouldn't fit, even though the dimensions said it would! I almost wish I'd have stuck it back in the box and sent back to Corsair within the 30 day return window, but no, I've stuck with it and waited for this long promised fix, and every time iCue gets updated and the problem still prevails and it's really depressing. Especially for someone like me who's saved up from weekend work to buy the cooler!

I really do hope that this all gets sorted sooner or later, preferably sooner, as what's the point of having this cooler with fancy lighting effects that we can't even use!

That's my piece, bye for now! :laughing:

Hi guys, I am just posting here to say that I have the same issue on a h115i platinum freshly installed and updated with latest firmeware and software.

My suggestion is to take it back to where you got it and go with a completely different company. Unless it is to late to do that for you like a lot of us. This has been going on for months now.

Is the problem completely solved by setting a static color and closing iCUE + service or do I also have to disconnect the USB cable?

I always said I would be honest about this issue and if anything changed. That being said I finally decided to see if this latest software/firmware atleast allowed me to use the "set to static color" trick and where it was no more stable previously, at least this seems to be letting me do that now without incident. As for disconnecting cables, no.

I really do hope that this all gets sorted sooner or later, preferably sooner, as what's the point of having this cooler with fancy lighting effects that we can't even use!

I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon, chances are he** will freeze over first. The reason to have the fancy cooler with the lights is for us to throw money away. Think about how bad some of us are? In my case I have basically a full load of Corsair gear, none of which can work as intended, using a feature which is still advertised as being able to be done. Add to that the RGB was something I didn't go looking for but it grew on me. When you buy an item (my power supply) BECAUSE of something it allows you to do, then the possible "work around" prevents you from using a feature that you specifically bought the item because of....well that progresses into the realm of possible fr....I'll let you fill in the rest there.

Just because I am enjoying this (I mean that in some ways I am), why do the H100i Platinum coolers seem to be hard to get for less than USD $330? From some random store front on Newegg and Amazon? Could there have been a silent stop sale issued?

Feel free to prove me wrong, but until I am, can someone from Corsair explain to us if this is the case? And if it is the case why does it take someone just randomly checking to see if the item is still available to find out?

Now I am going to come out and say it, whatever happens be damned. I am flat out accusing Corsair of fraud at this time. And unless someone steps in and explains WTF is going on I will continue to. Because the optics of this situation just keep looking worse for Corsair from the perspective of possible investors, but more importantly, the end users. Remarkable coincidence wouldn't you say?

Edited by Waukeen

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

This has to be a SOFTWARE (iCue) problem.

The HARDWARE, itself, is working properly, meaning fans are spinning, the block is cooling the CPU the LEDs are lighting up (doing its job).

Having said that... Corsair needs to find the all the iCue software bugs that are conflicting with the USB connection and LED lights and fix them.

MY TEMPORARY SOLUTION THAT HAS WORK FOR ME FOR MONTHS NOW IS TO DISABLE ICUE FROM START ON SYSTEM STARTUP AND MAKE SURE THAT THE SOFTWARE IS NOT RUNNING (if you see the icue icon on the lower right side of the taskbar, right click and exit.... done!!)

and wait and pray for a permanent fix in the near future, preferably yesterday or sometime this year 2019.

Just because I am enjoying this (I mean that in some ways I am), why do the H100i Platinum coolers seem to be hard to get for less than USD $330? From some random store front on Newegg and Amazon? Could there have been a silent stop sale issued?

Feel free to prove me wrong, but until I am, can someone from Corsair explain to us if this is the case? And if it is the case why does it take someone just randomly checking to see if the item is still available to find out?

Now I am going to come out and say it, whatever happens be damned. I am flat out accusing Corsair of fraud at this time. And unless someone steps in and explains WTF is going on I will continue to.

$159.99 at best buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair...?skuId=6306564

Since customer support is silent on this, wondering if anyone has tried emailing the CEO? According to public records his email may be andyp@corsairmemory.com but the domain looks a little dated to me

Edit: Wow the forum is censoring his email even if you break it out using [at] instead of @. Anyways here's the link

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-11955

I would always keep it connected with Usb Cable to monitor pump speed / temp. liquid through HwInfo.

Please note that connecting to ANY of the Corsair devices with another software package AND iCue or Link WILL cause issues ... big ones. Don't do it.

That's outside of this issue and has been long reported here.

Per "someone with info but not an employee" the fix was bumped to the next update.

I am getting really really close to that blowing the gasket stage. If I was reading that as someone from the outside I would honestly be thinking it was a joke.

The way this has been handled, and inept is a very minor way to put it, is beyond ludicrous.

And now to to remind, but this time pull no punches or self censor, of the facts:

Myself and others have tried to provide what we could but our resident beta troll decided it would be a good idea to claim they have logs. FROM WHOM? Those that have the issue and can replicate it, without fail? Clearly not.

I have tried to explain to these guys that the issue first occurred to me, TO A BLOODY T, when the cooler wasn't even in the system. The item in question for this was the Commander Pro. But no, certain people get accused by said beta god of ranting and raving. I disagree with that statement. I would agree with not mincing words.

That this issue has been going on for months, WITH MULTIPLE, "we fixed it this update" statements. That was proven to be BS within minutes of the release for many, if not all, of us. But no resident beta god claims it didn't happen in testing. If that is truly the case then maybe Corsair should consider breaking up the external beta testers all together and bring it back in house, in a controlled environment, because clearly these guys don't know WTF they are doing.

It took me untold hours on the phone to finally get the golden nugget of information on what information and logs they would like. I am more than capable of setting up a log file, but I would rather focus it on the information most likely to BLOODY HELP instead of extraneous information that won't.

Again to our resident beta god, claiming to have suddenly started experiencing it, which right there gives you a clue as to when the problem might have occurred. Then replacing said cooler and not seeing a problem. Then saying that others on the team did, oh really? And this was only AFTER a respectable amount of time had passed?

Then having Dr. Derek Smart claiming that it didn't happen to the reviewers otherwise they would have blown a gasket. Well no sh**. Because this problem started AFTER something was changed.

Myself and others have tested this on other chipsets as well and in my case I have had it happen, without fail on the X470 (yes I know there are other issues with this, point not withstanding), AMD 970 and for kicks I pulled out an old PC with a 680i chipset. I connected to these via an extension cable since I was not going to yank the cooler out again. While I expect that a chipset as old as the 680i might have issues, you can understand my amazement at this next part, I had nothing bad happen except the same....exact....thing....in....the....same....time frame.

That this issue has been blamed on Steam (I'm not saying Steam hasn't been known to cause issues, but for this particular situation that is absolute horse sh^&, and Corsair bloody well knows it), an over heating USB controller rebooting itself (I considered this in the first place and was immediately able to say that wasn't the case. How you might ask? I also have a Logitech T650 touchpad, G560 Speakers and a X-56 HOTAS hooked up and they continued working. At no time did any of those devices go into the lower power state of "OFF" when everything, EVERYTHING, Corsair decided to take a siesta). So no, this isn't that.

I have been told, repeatedly that a supervisor would call me because I wanted to take this further up the chain. Never happened. And while I admit I am firm, I am not rude on the phone. I do hate being interrupted but that's been handled.

The fact that Corsair makes devices, markets them with the ability to preform certain functions, then makes you unable to use those functions? THAT'S FRAUD. Fraudulent marketing, deceptive sales, whatever you want to call it IT'S FRAUD. I personally switched to Corsair and the Hx1200i because I LIKED the ability to monitor it. That part, right there, sold me on the PSU. Going back as far as I remember with Corsair for ram, I have been using Enermax. This is my first non-Enermax power supply in nearly 20 years. The fact that at the time for me the only fix available was to not run the software. Yeah, you could say that pissed me off a bit.

The fact that people spent good money (myself without taxes and shipping it's around USD $1500 or so in a year) on products expecting them to work as advertised, only to find they can't. Myself, money isn't the issue here. But, for others, it is a very big issue. <dripping sarcasm>My problem with all this is the absolutely amazing technical support and problem solving shown by Corsair here.

Couple that with the fact I was doing some other stuff on Amazon and it crossed my head to see if these were even still for sale, come to find out they are out of stock at two of the biggest sites for hardware (Newegg and Amazon, real hardcore computer people don't go to Bestbuy to buy these things :P) you can't help but find the timing here suspect.

On top of all that the news found by chefasaurus about the "fix" being pushed back. The. Fix. Pushed. Back. (If our resident beta god wants to accuse me of ranting and raving, now is the time) DON'T YOU THINK THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPORTANT TO TELL THE PEOPLE WAITING WITH BATED BREATH FOR THIS MYTHICAL FIX THAT IT HAD BEEN DELAYED?

It also doesn't help when the resident beta god comes in makes the following statements, which are either lies, or, well no, they are lies and I will illustrate:

"And I did have a similar issue with my first H115i Platinum. It was replaced and I've not seen the issue since." Apparently you are the only one who had one replaced that solved the issue. Pretty sure several people here would disagree with you. I won't since I didn't replace mine.

"Well ... it doesn't happen on my second one. And quite a few members on the beta team have had these for a while ... I was the only one with that particular issue." Hold on this one gets good for those at Corsair and the public who are reading this, "As for it being something that happened to me ... it has happened to me. And it happened to me before this thread started. Now, before this thread, I had thought that it might have been a bad cooler - it hadn't happened to anyone else - but when I saw this pop up, I thought "uh-oh, it's not just me". Since then, it's been happening to others on the beta team since as well." YOU CONTRADICTED YOURSELF. Granted it took a while to admit it but it's a start.

These next few are good, promise.

"There has been communication - James has responded to this thread earlier. However, they've been busy working on this and other things. So ... would you prefer to wait longer for a fix so that they can respond to every post on here? Or would you rather that they work on identifying, understanding and then resolving the issue? And keep in mind that as high profile of an issue that this is (and it is) and as widespread as it is (and it is), it's not across the board." So... You consider two posts that contain maybe 30 words in total to be effective communication? That explains a lot. Plus it's called delegation. Or how about a community manager, ever heard of those? For Corsair employees to be hiding their heads in the sand to avoid the vitriol that will inevitable be hurled their way, and not being able to say "Hey we screwed up. We get it. We are going to learn from this going forward to avoid something like this ever getting to this level again." That would go a LONG FU^&ING WAY TOWARDS RESTORING SOME OF THE TRUST THAT CORSAIR HAS TAKING A GIANT SH** ON.

And finally my personal favorite (though it doesn't beat being called a rabble rouser by Allan Schumacher over at EAWare...good times) is this one,

"Now ... you want to sit here and rant and rave. I get it. You want to call me names (though I don't think that syncophant means what you think it means ... it seems you mean it as an insult, but it's cool.) Trust me ... I get the frustration. You don't have all the information and that's frustrating ... I get that too. You've gotta trust some person on the internet that you don't know and that isn't a Corsair rep and that feels icky. I get that too. But your ranting and raving won't fix things any sooner. Nor will attacking me. In the meantime, I hope it makes you feel a little better."

Ahh yes ranting and raving. First let me clue you in on something chuckles, I haven't begun. That was someone putting it in no uncertain terms that it shouldn't be able to be misunderstood. Secondly to come in here and, I assume, take the time to read what I said, then call it ranting and raving you clearly didn't understand that. I'm sorry that this former ASE certified mechanic, who now holds a CCNA, CCVP, MCSE and MCSA put it in words that you found offensive, but true. Secondly, yes, the word sycophant was used correctly here as you were so fawning over Corsair's handling of this issue it's hard to believe you weren't trying to curry favor. Does that help?

Third, if you think I am singling you out, you might be right. Pretty sure being on the external beta team (that should be broken up and brought in house) does not give you a golden pass to say whatever you want. In fact if anything you probably lose some freedom from that NDA (oh I know what those are and how they are normally written. I will never be able to talk about some things in my past). I believe it goes something along the lines of conducting yourself with integrity and not bringing the Company (Known as CORSAIR from here on out) bad press. AMIRITE?

To Corsair, at this time I am requesting that DevBiker be censured at the least. I also want an apology posted to this thread, public. This wouldn't have become a thing but like I said in an earlier post...I'm done.

I am still willing to continue working with Justice (great name BTW), but you need to get your SH^& together and get on top of this. To move back the supposed "fix" without informing us, the people with the issues, is just wrong guys.</rant></rave>

</micdrop>

Edited by Waukeen

Please note that connecting to ANY of the Corsair devices with another software package AND iCue or Link WILL cause issues ... big ones. Don't do it.

That's outside of this issue and has been long reported here.

When I set the various parameters of the AIO I will only open iCUE and once removed I will only use Hwinfo.

It should also completely solved if you use any Hardware RGB colors, keep the Corsair Service running but keep the iCue Software itself off. The problem seems to be related to iCue itself (quite possibly in conjunction with the the firmware...but since I can't find any older firmware version, I can't test it), not the Corsair Service. Edited by Glzmo