Corsair Community

PSA: VOID Wireless in Bootloader Mode and How to Recover it

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Corsair Chris

please note that My headset is in bootloader mode but cant force the update as it keeps on failing,

Kindly send me the steps on how to flash the firmware or steps how to fix.

I have tried all the fixes that was on the forums.

So I try this fix and nothing happens. Get the yellow exclamation mark saying not connected for my headset. Hit gear icon to update firmware "force update" and sits at 0% forever. If I unplug dongle I get the "demo" option where I can actually see my headset is charged at 45%. Plug it back in and exclamation comes back telling me headset not connected. Rinse. Repeat. Nada. Would be easier if you could just post a link to manually download the firmware. This bootloader thing obviously been an issue since 2015 since the original posted dated from then.

So I try this fix and nothing happens. Get the yellow exclamation mark saying not connected for my headset. Hit gear icon to update firmware "force update" and sits at 0% forever. If I unplug dongle I get the "demo" option where I can actually see my headset is charged at 45%. Plug it back in and exclamation comes back telling me headset not connected. Rinse. Repeat. Nada. Would be easier if you could just post a link to manually download the firmware. This bootloader thing obviously been an issue since 2015 since the original posted dated from then.

Ok I just had my headset go into bootloader mode and had the same problem. I was also getting the same results as the guys above me. I would follow the instructions posted and go to fimware up date and try to update my headset and it would just sit there and do nothing.

I saw an earlier post saying when they are in bootloader mode they are actually on.

So what I did was unplugged them and let them sit for 2 days letting them die completely.

Then came back here and followed the steps and it worked just fine...

What I did

1. Open Cue

2. Go to settings

3. Update firmware

4. When it asks to plug them in this is the first time I plugged them in! From letting them sit for 2 days.

5. The fireware actually went through and I got them back up and running.

So I am thinking the key is to let the battery go to 0%

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure my VOID rgb wireless is stuck in the bootloader mode. (i got the yellow jacket one with the base)

Its been like that for around 6 days already.

Apparently I fell asleep and left the headset on my table while music was on loop and the buttons where faced towards the table, so im guessing they have been constantly pressed throughout the night, at least there is no other way i would explain how it got stuck in bootloader mode.

In any case, sometime during the next day i noticed that it wouldnt turn on and just thought it needs to be charged so i left it charging for a couple hours while I was out.

When I came back it still wouldnt work so I googled a bit and found this post.

I followed the instructions step by step, repeated them a few times and when it still didnt work i kept reading. I tried pressing the mute button while plugging in the usb cable to my computer a few times but that didnt work either.

So i had no choice but to "let it run out of power". after a day i tried again, still no reaction. then i left it for another 2 days and tried again. Still no reaction.

Now, another day or two passed since I last tried and its still not working.

The annoying thing is, I have no way to tell wether its turned on or not, so I cant even know whether the battery is actually tiring itself out.

At this point im out of options, i tried everything but nothing working.

And im steadily reaching the limit of my patience, its simply annoying as hell.

• 2 months later...
I also have a yellow exclamation point with updating stuck on zero and can't even tell if my headset is in boot loader or just dead. This has been a problem for 3 years. This feels like a beating around the bush solution. How has a company like Corsair not been able to come up with a better answer to this problem by now?

You can try one of two things, but none of them are ideal.

1) Unplug the headset, while the headset is powered off, press and hold the mute button and plug the headset back in using the USB cable. Then try doing the Recovery Process from step 1.

2) Leave the headset unplugged for about a day and try process again tomorrow. So that the battery can fully drain.

Like I mentioned, it's not ideal and we should be getting new FW soon that should resolve the issue with the headset not being detected by CUE.

I am still waiting..

• 3 weeks later...

I was playing wow last night, and when I wake up, I try to turn on the headphones and they do not work. Lights does not light or flash. I try everything you said here, I update the CUE to the latest version, but my headset is still show disconnected, any help here?.

I'm spanish speaker. so my english is not the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my Void Pro yellow headset working for one day and then it apparently had gone into bootloader mode the next time I tried to charge/use it. I couldn't get them to charge or work and I had the asterick/exclamation mark showing in the headset icon in iCue. I found this forum and updated the iCue to 3.10. I tried to force the update firmware, but it just sat on 0%. Then I saw about letting the batteries on everything go flat. So I unplugged the headset and the wireless dongle and left them for four or five days.

I decided to try the firmware again this morning. I plugged in the headset lead to the computer. I then held the mute button and plugged in the lead to the headset. Then I opened iCUE and then plugged in the dongle and the headset was recognised, but the asterick/exclamation mark was still present.......but, the headset was charging! I then tried the forced firmware update and success it worked this time and the asterick/exclamation mark has gone form the iCUE icon! I'm just waiting for the headset to fully charge and then I'll try them again, but fingers crossed they seem to be working. I think the key is to fully discharge both the headset and dongle. Good luck to those of you with the same problem.

This is honestly ridiculous. Bought this Void Pro Yellow headset for my son for Christmas, he also got the K70 rapid fire and headset stand etc etc.

He loves his new equipment but was shocked when it completely went dead and it’s a brick now.

This issue has been plaguing this set for 3 years? If you accidentally touch a button while inserting the charger it’s gone.. then you have to come here and struggle and try to save it? It’s costs $130, and people are left out in the cold and made to try and finagle a fix on a help forum? Really?

I took the dang thing back to Best Buy and exchanged it. I told my son this thing is junk and it may happen yet again that I see tons of people struggling with this problematic headset on a website forum but he really wants this one.

Please not: I tried every single thing this forum said, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc etc nothing. Windows 10 never recognized. It was terrible so again, I just took it back and got a new one.

My question is... is there anything I can at the beginning to help reduce the chance this will happen with the replaced set now??

I don’t want it to happen again. Thank you in advance. Happy new year

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

After doing an investigation we have found out that what may be causing VOID Wireless to go into bootloader mode when charging. When plugging VOID wireless in for charging, while holding onto any button - the headset will go into bootloader mode (thanks @Nicklez for identifying this). Please refrain from pressing any buttons while plugging the headset in. be careful with finger placement when plugging headset in! If any button is press and held while inserting the USB cable in, your headset will be in bootloader mode!!!!

As of now, bootloader mode will not have any indication if it is in this mode except it will not appear to power on, generate audio, or have the lights turn on. In other words, it'll look like the headset has stopped working. Bootloader mode is implemented as a fail safe, so that headset can still be recovered in case of "bricking" or a bad firmware update, etc.

Our next steps to how we're dealing with bootloader mode... we're looking into having a visual indicator if the headset is in bootloader mode so that users will be able to identify what's going on with their headsets right away. We are also looking into different sequences to enter bootloader mode. (So instead of pressing the mute button and plugging it in, users have to press multiple buttons and plug it in). We're also exploring the idea of having bootloader mode only available when plugged in via USB.

Here are the instructions how to recover VOID from bootloader mode:

You will need to have CUE 1.11.85 or newer. You can find the newest version of CUE at corsair.com/download

1. Open up CUE
  2. Go to SETTING
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23024&d=1444951590
  3. Under SETTING, find and click "DEVICE"
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23025&d=1444951696
  4. Under this screen you will see VOID WIRELESS. Click "Update firmware"
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23026&d=1444951702
  5. Select "Force update from the server" option, and proceed with update
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23028&d=1444951714
  6. Connect headset when prompted in CUE.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23027&d=1444951708
  7. Let it update.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23029&d=1444951720
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23030&d=1444951724
    Once the firmware has been updated you will need to put your headset and dongle in pairing mode.

For the headset: make sure the headset is turned off, once it is off press and hold the power button until the InfoMic flashes green and red. Please use this video as reference:

For the dongle: you will need to insert a paperclip into the hole under the LED. Press and hold until the LED flashes rapidly. Please use this video as reference:

After the two devices pair, the LED on the dongle will be solid white.

I bought my headset yesterday and then when I got a call on discord it stopped working I think I might have into bootloader mode please send my the information to fix it

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I have the same problem as everyone. They just stopped walking my headphones, I do not understand how I can let download them if not if they are working. I will have to leave it for 5 days without using (hoping that they fix themselves) ... The truth is that it is a shame that many users have this problem and Corsair does not make a definitive solution

No luck for me. I couldn't get past step 6 (Connect headset when prompted in CUE) CUE never recognizes that the headset is connect by USB. This was after a failed firmware update. The headset just appears to be dead. Also, tried the repair with the dongle from the other threads and reinstalling CUE, but neither helped.

I am having the same problem. My headset ceased working for a week and miraculously started working again. I found this thread with great hope for resolving the problem but so far - no dice

• 6 months later...

My son's headset seemed dead to the world. No lights, no connection. Couldn't reboot or power off. NOTE: a page or two back has youtube links to the pairing process

Here's what I did to fix it. (I didn't wait 24-48hrs for the battery to die)

1. I plugged in a USB cable to my computer.
  2. The head set appeared dead but regardless, I
    • pressed and held the mute button
    • plugged in the USB cable

[*]Then lights on the side of the headset were illuminated (previously not)

[*]Still had the yellow exclamation point, headset was not connected.

• using a paper clip I put the USB receiver into pairing mode
  • I put the headset into pairing mode
  • (It's been a few days, forget the steps... I think hold mute & power)

[*]The lights on the receiver and headset indicate successful pairing.

[*]Still unable to force firmware update wirelessly

• it seems to start but doesn't say finished
  • can't remember but I think I had unplugged the USB cable
  • might still have had the yellow exclamation point.. not paired

[*]7. I plugged the USB cable back into the computer then the headset

[*]8. Forced the firmware update again. completed successfully

SUCCESS: Headset has been working great now.

Thoughts: This was super frustrating but considering that this thread started several years ago, they've sold thousands and thousands, and it's only up to 12 pages, I'll bet this is probably a pretty rare situation. But it sure sucks when it happens to you.

Maybe not all the steps above were required.

Good LUCK!

You can try one of two things, but none of them are ideal.

1) Unplug the headset, while the headset is powered off, press and hold the mute button and plug the headset back in using the USB cable. Then try doing the Recovery Process from step 1.

2) Leave the headset unplugged for about a day and try process again tomorrow. So that the battery can fully drain.

Like I mentioned, it's not ideal and we should be getting new FW soon that should resolve the issue with the headset not being detected by CUE.

• 4 months later...

1. hold mute button for 15 sec and then leave it 2 or 3 sec without doing nothing

2. pulse power button

3. reseted and stop stressing :D:

/

1. manten pulsado 15 segundos el boton de mute y luego no pulses ningun boton durante 2 o 3 segundos.

2. pulsa el boton power

3. ya se ha reseteado y deja de estresarte :D: