Corsair Community

Disappointing Atto scores

I'm wondering what I need to tweak to achieve the 200MB/s benchmarks I've seen with the S256 drive. I pretty much left the default settings when I installed Win7 x32 on my laptop (ie I didn't tweak any registry settings or anything else).

My Atto scores are around 120MB/s max, not shabby, but not eye melting either.

Any tips to improve benches?

http://www.mackey.org/temp/atto-corsair.JPG

should not matter if its an OS or second drive (as all review websites do) as the scores are consistent above 128KB/s tests, very much looks like the drive is operating at sata 150 (sata 1) as that be the correct score for it + overhead that your are getting (130MB/s), it be unlikey you get more speed as that laptop uses an old intel chipset i think (post us the Full name of the laptop)

any one running atto best just stop the test at 128KB/s as any thing higher then it will be the same results all the way to 8MB/s

in any case your got an fast SSD there any way, more then 100MB/s is unlikey to see any difference in real world use going to an 200MB/s, Going from an Laptop HDD to SSD you see an masive performance increase in the system response times, and best of all its 256gb of it as well so unlikey you need more space then that any tiime soon should last for an long time as well due to the size (bigger the SSD the longer it should last)

Holy crap you're right. The Dell D620 has an Intel 945PM chipset and 82801 storage controller which I think is SATA not SATA2. Max for SATA is 150MB/s, I'm right around that speed at 130. It never even occurred to me that I might saturate the bus. *sigh* time for a new laptop.

Thanks for the tip though, that likely saved me hours of tweaking to find out what the issue is.

Archived