Corsair Community

iCUE Not Saving H100iV2 Pump/ Fan Setting

Rex4235

Help me not regret converting to iCUE...

I noticed that after changing my H100i to my preferred settings (Fans = Balanced, Pump = Extreme) they revert both back to Quiet at every boot up forcing me to manually change them every time I power on my computer.

Am I missing something here?

stupid question, but is there also onboard memory for the fans or the node pro? my keyboard can save a main profile so its even showing this profile when icue is off... but i wasnt able to find it on all other devices

No, definitely not stupid. The HD and ML-RGB fans have the "lighting playback" ability. They can remember their current lighting configuration and will continue to display it during boot or with Link closed. The LL series will always require the software to be running. However, none of these fans have that ability with iCUE. As you have noticed, no matter your fan type you get combinations of rainbows/dark fans on boot and the lighting will freeze in its current frame if you quit iCUE. Presumably the more complex and layered lighting available in iCUE created some new obstacles, however we don't really know and the topic has never been addressed. Hardware playback may never come back. This one has been on my mind since launch and it is one of the reasons I have spent at least half the time going back to Link. I would really like to know if this is being worked or if it's not possible. All of my gear was selected to be able to run without the software if needed, but that is no longer the case.

Archived