Corsair Community

** Corsair Vs1gbkit400 **

FORDMAV

Hi Guys,

Have purchased 2 x 512mb DDR Ram sticks from corsair. They are part no. VS1GBKIT400. They are on there compatibility list for my mobo, but when I plug them in, I have no boot. When I switch it on, I just get a beep every couple of seconds. When I change back to my old ram, no problem, fires up straight away. What do you think my problem might be? Mobo is a epox ep-8k9a7i

I believe the ram is dual channel; would this be compatible with my epox?

Regards,

Andrew Smith

(Down Under)

I can boot the system when only using one stick, by resetting the cmos each time. Sometimes it boots, and sometimes it doesn`t. DIMM Voltage defaults to 2.7 volts, and I have now ran both sticks individually through memtest, and received no faults. Still can`t boot system on both sticks, it just beeps every couple of seconds. I have attached a everest report, just thought it might help!!.

Report19062005.txt

• Corsair Employee
Does it pass http://www.memtest.org when you run them one module at a time or when you have both installed? If then there is probably some other problem. And in that report it states that you have WinNT4.0 is that what you are running? WinNT workstation 4.0? And was this a fresh install of the O.S. on this MB?

Does it pass http://www.memtest.org when you run them one module at a time or when you have both installed? If then there is probably some other problem. And in that report it states that you have WinNT4.0 is that what you are running? WinNT workstation 4.0? And was this a fresh install of the O.S. on this MB?

Yes, I ran them one at a time, for a couple of hours each. No faults !!! I don`t know why it says WinNT, as I am running Windows xp sp1, and yes it was a fresh install

Archived