Corsair Community

"TWINX2048-3200PT" BEST CHOICE for ASUSP4P800/DELUXE?

Moongoat

Hello once again, Hopefully this will be the last time I need assistance! From all information I have gathered,the best choice for installing 2GB of corsair Ram in ASUS-P4P800/Deluxe would be to use part# "TWINX2048-3200PT" 2GB DDR400 XMS3200w/Platinum Heat Spreader. As you probably know I was planning 4 sticks of "TWINX1024-3200C2PT" I have an Antec TruePower 550Watt power supply,but as you indicated there would be a possibility of problems with errors etc. Hopefully you will give the "ThumbsUp" to installing TWINX2048-3200PT with this MotherBoard.Sorry for so many questions,I should have done all this research before buying the sticks in the first place Thankyou for all the Help! Sincerely, Peter Sears :eek:

• Corsair Employee
Peter, if you have XMS3200C2 already they may work just fine, however they may not run at the rated speed with more than one set of Twinx modules. However Twinx2048-3200 would be a great choice, and I would not have any problem trying to help you make 4 modules work, but 2 1.0 Gig modules would be best! After all if we can avoid a RMA that would be better for you in the long run!

[quote name='RAM GUY']Peter, if you have XMS3200C2 already they may work just fine, however they may not run at the rated speed with more than one set of Twinx modules. However Twinx2048-3200 would be a great choice, and I would not have any problem trying to help you make 4 modules work, but 2 1.0 Gig modules would be best! After all if we can avoid a RMA that would be better for you in the long run![/QUOTE] Hello! A Great Thanks for the fast replies. Will make a desision soon regarding; 2 sets "TWINX1024-3200C2PT" (Vs.) "1 set "TWINNX2048-3200PT Sort of leaning towards the TWINX2048.I will let you know decision, in near future. Thanks again, Peter Sears

Archived