Corsair Community

LL fans not lighting up to in game effects

ForcaAereaBelka

So it's not really a major issue but an annoyance. A few weeks ago the LL fans in my system have stopped lighting up with in game effects that happen in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn. Everything else, the vengeance rgb pro RAM, light strips and aio pump head, keyboard and mouse all light up with the correct effects, but the fan lights just shut off. Everything is hooked up to a commander pro. I've tried restarting icue, uninstalling and reinstalling icue, made sure everything is updated and nothing works. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to fix?

So it's not really a major issue but an annoyance. A few weeks ago the LL fans in my system have stopped lighting up with in game effects that happen in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn. Everything else, the vengeance rgb pro RAM, light strips and aio pump head, keyboard and mouse all light up with the correct effects, but the fan lights just shut off. Everything is hooked up to a commander pro. I've tried restarting icue, uninstalling and reinstalling icue, made sure everything is updated and nothing works. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to fix?

Just to clarify the fan lighting works fine when it isn't in FarCry5?

• Corsair Employee

We'd also suggest reinstalling iCUE because the files themselves are literal files and sometimes don't install correctly:

Many issues with Corsair Utility Engine can be solved by performing a clean reinstall of the software. This is a little different from just uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Please perform the steps below:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows. .

- Install RevoUninstaller: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

- Run RevoUninstaller

-Select iCUE, and then select uninstall

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall CUE.

I had this same problem, LL fans would not light up in Far Cry 5.

Found a solution for now, until Corsair can find a real patch.

Not sure if a clean install is needed but I did it just to be sure.

1. (Optional?) Do a clean uninstall/install as outlined by Corsair Calico Jack
    - Please make sure to install all updates for Windows. .
    - Install RevoUninstaller: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninst...=dl&tag=button
    - Run RevoUninstaller
    - Select iCUE, and then select uninstall
    - Restart your computer
    - Reinstall CUE.
  2. Open iCUE and click on the profiles tab.
  3. In the context menu next to the profiles tab, click the arrows icon to import a profile.
  4. Click the "..." button and navigate to the GameSdkEffects folder in the iCUE install directory (Should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects")
  5. Open a folder and select a profile.
    Seems like any profile works. Tried with various FC5 and even a Division 2 profile works.
  6. Click "Import" to import the profile.
  7. Open Far Cry 5 and watch your fans light up again.

TL;DR: Importing a predefined iCUE profile used by a game seems to fix the fans not lighting up.

Unfortunately, if you remove the profile from your iCUE profiles it breaks the fans again. Just gotta live with having one of your profiles being one of the predefined ones. Not a big deal IMHO, most are pretty cool by themselves and I just moved that one to the bottom of the list.

Btw, "deleting" a profile in iCUE does NOT delete the actual .cueprofile file so feel free to delete if you want.

Edited by kevzilla88

Just to clarify the fan lighting works fine when it isn't in FarCry5?

Yeah or any game that uses icue lighting. Otherwise any custom profiles I set myself are perfectly fine. It's just in games that have lighting effects that the lights don't work, when my ram, led strips, mouse and keyboard light up correctly.

im having an issue were they don't light up at all on start up and. When I go into the icue software and try to mess around with different lighting effects my LL120s don't light up at all. Picking a profile doesn't do anything. The only thing that has worked so far is actually resetting my lighting node by the pin whole and unplugging it. Do I need a separate SATA cable for my node(fans and node are connected to the same SATA cable) or is it something else? Also icue doesn't pick up my lighting node sometimes.

well I think I figured it out I believe its either the node or the usb connection to my motherboard cause they work when I turn my computer on/off when I don't have the usb connected to the node. As soon as I am connected it goes out. im really mad I just bought these Saturday too.

Edited by auggie1313

For now, the fix I've had work, and helped the guy in this thread:

Yeah dude, so no idea what causes the issue, but I've solved it with my LLs by just importing one of the pre-made profiles and running it. So in iCUE, you want to import a profile from: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects\FarCry5" All your fans should light correctly when you import it. Then you can just delete the imported profile and they should work properly with Game Integration.

• 1 year later...