Corsair Community

Del no longer enter computer BIOS

tvalleau

Subject says it, and I'm wondering if it's just me. My Gigabyte mobo uses forward DEL to enter the BIOS on bootup. Since switching to my shiny new K95RGB, that no longer works. I apparently have to switch keyboards to get into my motherboard's BIOS.

It's Nov 28, 2014, and I have the latest firmware....

This is not good...:[pouts:

Subject says it, and I'm wondering if it's just me. My Gigabyte mobo uses forward DEL to enter the BIOS on bootup. Since switching to my shiny new K95RGB, that no longer works. I apparently have to switch keyboards to get into my motherboard's BIOS.

It's Nov 28, 2014, and I have the latest firmware....

This is not good...:[pouts:

Is your motherboard BIOS up to date?

Have you tried moving the polling switch on the back of the keyboard to BIOS when you want to enter the BIOS?

If you have tried all of these things it could be that this keyboard does behave a lot differently to most other keyboards at boot when the BIOS is enumerating the USB device IDs. On my ASUS board, for example, it intermittently hangs the BIOS for 3-4 minutes before allowing boot to continue. Other people on different hardware are reporting similar or other strange behaviour.

... thanks for the prompt reply. BIOS is indeed up to date. I tried the BIOS switch as well. Fortunately, I seldom need to go into the BIOS, as things have been set up correctly for some time now, so I suppose I can just hook up a "real" keyboard when I need it.

That said, I'd welcome other suggestions.

Archived