Corsair Community

H100i v2 Pump Noise

jordypops

Hi there,

I am new to these forums and have recently purchased the Corsair H100i v2 from Amazon to pair with my i7 8700k. I am posting here as I would like advice on the noise my aio pump is making, it makes an audible hum/buzzing sound. It is not terribly loud but noticeable particularly at idle loads. I would like some help to diagnose if this is normal or in fact an issue as I can still exchange it through amazon should it be necessary, although it should be noted my temperatures are 28 degrees idle and under stress test only hitting 60 degrees on my i7 8700k which is really good performance wise. It is just the noise that worries me into thinking I may have a defective unit.

Here is a youtube video of the pump sound and my build: [ame]

[/ame]

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and advice as I can return it if necessary. Thanks :)

What profile do you have the pump on?

I really don't hear anything that would be a concern.

That is good to hear, the noise only ramps up like that when I have it on the performance setting, on quiet it is better. I guess I was just being paranoid as I thought it should be quieter and as I have had a pump fail in the past just wanted to double check.

Yeah, performance is a bit noisier. On the H100i V2, however, I've not seen much, if any, performance difference between the two available pump speed settings. You'll be fine if you want to go on "Quiet" mode.

Just make sure that you have the pump powered properly - this is super important!!! See section B in the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

Archived