Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.6.19 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.6.19.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.6.19, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• No new features.

Bug Fixes:

• Resolved connection issues with some coolers.
  • Improved stability with AMD graphics cards and motherboards.
  • Resolved issues where H115i PRO and H150i PRO might have difficulty updating firmware.
  • Extra fans will no longer show up under motherboard information after LINK has been running for an extended period of time.
  • CPU core numbering has been fixed.

Known Issues:

• Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Scheduled for next release.)
  • Link may still have stability issues with some AMD graphics configurations. (Scheduled for next release.)
  • Dashboard sometimes loads blank or becomes blank. (Investigation ongoing.)
  • EVGA Precision XOC software may conflict with Corsair LINK. This is due to their software trying to take control of certain Corsair coolers. We are in process of resolving this with EVGA.
  • LL RGB fans will require the Corsair LINK software to function. This is a limitation of the Lighting Node PRO and Commander PRO hardware.
  • CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Known Issues:

Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Scheduled for next release.)

Seriously? This was already marked as "workaround scheduled for next release" in the last version 4.9.5.25 so it already should have been fixed with this version. Now you delay this bug again for another month and my HDD is still making a very loud noise every 4 seconds?!

Known Issues:

Mechanical hard disks may not enter sleep state. (Scheduled for next release.)

Seriously? This was already marked as "workaround scheduled for next release" in the last version 4.9.5.25 so it already should have been fixed with this version. Now you delay this bug again for another month and my HDD is still making a very loud noise every 4 seconds?!

Why is this not fix?.looks like its time to buy a new cooler that can give support and fix the problems.

From another thread in the Link section...

H115i PRO and H150i PRO coolers appear in Link 4.9.6, but are non-responsive to pump, fan, and LED changes. These items are selectable in Link and the application shows the changes, but nothing happens, as if the pump and software cannot communicate. No amount of rebooting or re-plugging addressed this and the roll back to 4.9.5.25 brought instant relief.

I believe the installation from the auto updater itself needs some attention, as it leaves orphaned registry keys from the older version (navigating to the add/remove programs screen will still show the older version, and that can be removed from registry directly only).

I believe the installation from the auto updater itself needs some attention, as it leaves orphaned registry keys from the older version (navigating to the add/remove programs screen will still show the older version, and that can be removed from registry directly only).

I just ran the auto update (win 10, Build 17120, release 180309-1616). No additional Corsair Link in Add/Remove programs in the control panel or apps in the Settings.

The only time I've seen orphaned programs and registry entries is when a user has deleted directories or made other modifications that prevent the uninstaller from properly working. The default is for them to stop the process if there are significant errors. Better safe than sorry.

From another thread in the Link section...

H115i PRO and H150i PRO coolers appear in Link 4.9.6, but are non-responsive to pump, fan, and LED changes. These items are selectable in Link and the application shows the changes, but nothing happens, as if the pump and software cannot communicate. No amount of rebooting or re-plugging addressed this and the roll back to 4.9.5.25 brought instant relief.

Same here, H150i PRO, non responsive at all, i can monitor speeds but i cant control anything, had to roll back to previous version

I just ran the auto update (win 10, Build 17120, release 180309-1616). No additional Corsair Link in Add/Remove programs in the control panel or apps in the Settings.

The only time I've seen orphaned programs and registry entries is when a user has deleted directories or made other modifications that prevent the uninstaller from properly working. The default is for them to stop the process if there are significant errors. Better safe than sorry.

Hmm so i believe its because i modified the installation to go into Corsair\Corsair LINK 4 instead of just Corsair Link 4 in Program Files.

Although this is normal, and the installer should use the registry to find where it is located (as it probably did, because it did upgrade the version) and apply it all the way through.

All of a sudden my Lightening Node Pro screen is no longer present. There is a spot on the main menu that says Lightening Node Pro but that's it, no configuration button. It was working until just now after I rebooted my PC. I got a message that LPN was being installed. I never had this message before.

Any ideas on this?

*** Update ****

Now none of my LEDS on my LED strip and fans don't work. Not even if I am in the BIOS for example. Are my controllers shot? Problem doesn't seem to be CL4 related.

***UPDATE*** part deux

I had to force a firmware update to get all my LEDs working again as well as them showing up in CL4. Go Figure.

Screen-timeout

How about the previous known problem in version 4.9.5.25 where Corsair Link is preventing screen-saver or screen-timeout in general. Is that fixed in this new version? Your update log does not reflect this bug.

Screen-timeout

How about the previous known problem in version 4.9.5.25 where Corsair Link is preventing screen-saver or screen-timeout in general. Is that fixed in this new version? Your update log does not reflect this bug.

I have used both versions and have never seen this bug. My screen times out as it should.

Version of your Link software => v4.9.6.19

What version of Windows you're using => Windows 10 Pro x64 (updated)

Summary => New version doesn't work with H150i PRO

Detailed description of the issue :

As people already reported before, can't change any fan speeds, LED, pump speed, etc. it just doesn't control my H150i PRO at all.

I also got two entries on "Programs and features" after the update. Once I uninstalled one the other was gone.

TL;DR => all the issues people are reporting happened to me so I had to roll back to v4.9.5.25

You botched this one guys I would remove it from the download page quickly you can burn your CPU with this version

having issues CL ramping up and down my pwm fans.

My setup

vadar fans power and ground going to motherboard and tach and pwm going to commander pro. (this setup i used because the vadars are part of the EK MLC (aka ek predator) regardless the command pro is getting the tach and pwm signal.

unless i set the fans to 0 or max the speed fluctuates and never stays consistent. Sometimes when they are set to 0 the fans dont spin but CL has the rpm going all over the place.

I've tried configuring the commander pro to auto, 3 pin, and 4pin and no change (3 pin shouldn't work anyway)

I have used both versions and have never seen this bug. My screen times out as it should.

It has been a problem in many versions. You can find lots of people reporting the problem if you mind googling a bit. One example:

having issues CL ramping up and down my pwm fans.

My setup

vadar fans power and ground going to motherboard and tach and pwm going to commander pro. (this setup i used because the vadars are part of the EK MLC (aka ek predator) regardless the command pro is getting the tach and pwm signal.

unless i set the fans to 0 or max the speed fluctuates and never stays consistent. Sometimes when they are set to 0 the fans dont spin but CL has the rpm going all over the place.

I've tried configuring the commander pro to auto, 3 pin, and 4pin and no change (3 pin shouldn't work anyway)

But your voltage is coming from the motherboard? Are you sure that those fans are getting the full 12v at all times? If the incoming voltage is variable, it's going to play havoc with your fan speeds. And since you don't have the voltage line coming from the CoPro, you've introduced a level of unknown variability into the system. Not having the ground connected may also present issues.

I seem to be having a problem where if I install Corsair Link 4 the all my menu's in Windows 10 start lagging and taking up to 5 seconds to open. What I am talking about is right click menus and the up arrow next to the clock. I don't keep a bunch of stuff running on my system, only 5 programs and Corsair link was to be the 6th to control my CPU fans. I've spent a lot of money on this system and others and now am thinking i've been using the wrong brand the whole time for my CPU cooler. Is there a fix for not only this but the constant HDD and CPU usage? This program alone turns my computer into a pile of crap! PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I've been waiting an awful long time for these problems to be addressed, over a year. As a system builder and computer enthusiast I can tell you this is hurting your companies bottom line, I'll never buy another corsair product until customer complaints are taken more seriously. I've spent THOUSANDS on my computer systems only for them to be bashed by this crappy fan controller. I have the Z chipset and don't even overclock my main PC because I don't want to install corsair link 4 and set the pumps and fans to run faster, it cripples my system and others I have built.

Can someone respond to these concerns?

Same here. H150i Pro with Windows10 x64 and nothing is working.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7AE_8uuR8]CLICK TO OPEN YOUTUBE VIDEO[/ame]

At some point it's working after clicking for a thousand times on apply. But after a sleep the settings are gone.

Definetly an issue with the new Corsair Link.. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Archived