Corsair Community

K70 Repeating and missing keystrokes

Medgeth

Hey guys, bought this K70 in January, and about 2-3 months ago some keys started magically repeating themselves (primarily the "G" "O" and "I" keys) or just not coming through. Though since then it has spread to pretty much the whole keyboard.

I've been through as many settings that I can find with none having any positive effect, I found a thread with a similar problem http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=131964 but doing that didn't help either. (I still have it installed)

I clean it regularly so I doubt that's an issue, I've even turned off repeat keys in Windows, so that holding the key doesn't repeat it, and I STILL get anything from 0-3 of the key I press.

I also switched it out for an ancient Logitech keyboard for around a week, I didn't have this issue, and now, as far as I can tell, it's worse than ever before.

Anyone out there have an idea on how I can fix this increasingly irritating problem?

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with my e key.

It will either not register the pressing or it will repeat two or three times.

It's getting really annoying.

I have tried as mentioned in the other thread as well and it didn't work, and the same happens if I plug it in my laptop.

Edit : I've got a non-RGB K95 by the way (cherry red switches)

Just to make sure, Did you spill any liquid onto the keyboard?

If you no, submit an RMA ticket to replace the keyboard. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase.

You can try removing the keycap for the affected and wiggle the switch a bit to see if that helps.

@walz7d and Toetagz

Have you tried updating the firmware?

You can try removing the keycap and wiggle the switch a bit to see if that helps.

Hi,

Yes the new firmware is installed, and I disabled the USB selective suspend thingy before, as mentionned in the other thread, didn't change a thing.

Also tried wiggling the switch as you said but didn't work either.

I submitted an RMA request which was accepted, so I'll be sending it back on monday.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
I have this issue too with my G key. I tried wiggling the switch a bit and it seems to have somewhat reduced the repeating frequency. Bit annoyed at the reliability of such an expensive keyboard.

Same issue here. I wiggled it a bit and that does seem to help somewhat. Are there any more permanent solutions?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have the same issue with my keyboard. The model is 'Corsair STRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry MX Silent'. Some keys repeat, such as ".", "1", etc. I already have the latest firmware; using CUE I have set the reading interval to 4ms (1/250s). This mitigated the issue, but only a little bit. Have you found the cause of the problem? Any available solution? Keyboard is about 7 months old.

my strafe (red only) has started doing this. I did the hold down the esc button while plugging it in to wipe anything on the keyboard. I found that lowering the poll rate in cue has helped considerably. it's many buttons not just one or two. It's like it suddenly got more sensitive. If I type carefully and pick up the fingers each time no issues it's only when i'm hammering away quickly that the problem really shows bad.

Archived