Corsair Community

H75 burning smell coming from fan or radiator

perithimus

No, normally the radiator will not produce a smell. I'd be surprised if it did (would need to be really hot).

You can pinpoint the source by smelling where it is at its strongest (Don't think its healthy for the lungs though). If its from the fan or you suspect it, replace it. If not, check all your wires and connections for possible signs of melted connectors or insulation.

Yeah I removed my graphics card and unplugged all my fans and the smell went away. As soon as I plugged the fans to my rad in the smell came back. I unplugged my rad fans and just plugged in my case fans and the smell went away. The smell is coming from the fan itself on the rad so it looks like that's the issue.

How many fans does the H75 have? I would be inclined to replace them all.

Just 2. I am going to replace them both. Funny thing is they sound fine. Just have a smell coming from them.

Edit: I couldn't submit an rma request just for the fans could I?

You should be able to submit an RMA just to replace the fans. If you cannot find the part number for the H75 fan, just put in the H75 part number in and in the description tell them the fans have a burning smell.

I went ahead and just submitted an rma for the fans. We'll see. Thanks.

Archived