Corsair Community

H80i owners who have "upgraded."

Zorlac

Those of you who have owned an H80i and have upgraded to the H100i or 110, have you noticed any SIGNIFICANT cooling improvements as far as overclocked CPUs while gaming? Now that I have the 750D case, the H80i not only seems "dwarfed" but I now have ample room to mount a larger, and almost as important, better looking Corsair liquid system. I'm on the fence on this upgrade, as the H80i has performed wonderfully. I can run my i7 4790K overclocked to 4.6 and game for hours without temps going over 56c. Not bad IMO. For asthetic purposes only, the H100i looks real good mounted in the 750D though...

any thoughts?

Thanks..

Radiator surface area usually trumps airflow. A H105 is double the size of an H80. It would be a substantial improvement, but you certainly won't halve your temps.

I can't make a direct comparisons on the same hardware, but after years of H50-H80 size rads, the one thing I absolutely love about the H110 is the quiet. I assume you are running push-pull to get those temps on a 4790k. My two 140's on the H110 are running at a flat 600 rpm and my 5820k won't go past 60C running OCCT @ 4.2. Gaming loads are 15-20C below that. You certainly have decent temperatures, but perhaps there is an advantage to you to run you CPU cooler on the roof while freeing up the rear slot for pure exhaust duty as well.

I can tell you now it will not better your temps it will jest perform the same but with just slower fan speeds.

If you have money to burn I say go for it and get a bigger AIO.

If you plan on moving the H80i to another system then go for a bigger AIO

If you plan on moving the H80i to your GPU (which I highly recommend if you can) then go for it but then it would be best to put the bigger AIO on the GPU

Thanks all for the input...I don't have cash to burn. Wish I did. sounds like the "upgrade" really isn't much of one according to charts I've googled. Is it possible to mount my H80i on TOP of the case? My concern is the stress it would put on the pump having to move fluid vertically as compared to nearly horizontal as I have it set up now as push/pull rear exhaust... Is the pump strong enough for a top case mount assembly? will the hoses even reach?

That is a real big case for such a simple system.

You can mount it at the top of the case but it wont look astatically pleasing. Right now its so huge it blocks the wonderful view of your motherboard. This is one of the reasons I changed my case to a H440 and mounted it on the front. Didn't want my motherboard hidden behind that big radiator and fans :)

That is a real big case for such a simple system.

You can mount it at the top of the case but it wont look astatically pleasing. Right now its so huge it blocks the wonderful view of your motherboard. This is one of the reasons I changed my case to a H440 and mounted it on the front. Didn't want my motherboard hidden behind that big radiator and fans :)

I absolutely agree... blocking the sabertooth,,ugh.

I bought this case with upgrades in mind.. SLI, more HDD, etc.. I'm gonna hold out until I can get an H100i or the new GTX 100i when it comes out. Hopefully buy mid February.

Posters are all correct: the H100i and H110 can run quieter than the H80i for the same perf, but those coolers really don't come into their own until you strap them to something like an Ivy-E, Haswell-E, or AMD FX.

You were certainly correct, as temps are about the same until I really push core voltage, then the 100i stays nearly 8c cooler than my 80i did.

Made the purchase to liquid cool my older X980 i7 system with the H80i.

Archived