Corsair Community

CMP16GX3M4A1600C9 compatible with AMD 1090T and ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme?

jdb2

On Corsair's main web page, if one clicks on "Products->AMD Memory Solutions" one is taken to a page with the title "AMD Memory Solutions" and the subtitle "Phenom II." Assuming that this means that these products are compatible with any AMD Phenom II processor that takes the corresponding Corsair memory type ( eg. DDR3 ), then why isn't the 16GB 4X4GB 4 DIMM kit CMP16GX3M4A1600C9 listed in ASUS QV list for their Crosshair Extreme -- the QV lists I am told ( by an ASUS rep ) that they get from AMD?

If someone could tell me what chip(s) this kit's DIMMs use then that might be helpful as AMD has a QV list and Samsung had several 4GB DIMMs and apparently one 8GB (!?) one that are listed there.

Can Corsair confirm that this kit will work with my motherboard and processor?

If not, what's the point of selling it as being "Phenom II" compatible?

jdb2

• Corsair Employee

They are compatible with any AMD Phenom Core system that will allow for over clocking. IE almost any Channel MB being sold.

Yes I see this kind of question all the time and I think there is a miss conception with MB makers QVL List and even with our memory Configurator.

These are tools or guides to help you choose the right products for the hardware you have. The Mother Board QVL lists are compiled at the time of Pre production and most do not revisit or update these lists. And they are a reference of what was tested at that time. THEY ARE NOT WRITTEN IN STONE.

And memory is volatile in nature in that its continually changing both in price and in its production.

Archived