Corsair Community

How do I make lighting profiles on my K65 LUX RGB UK keyboard?

boristhemoggy

I've used iCUE to set some static colours, different colours on different sets of keys. I would like to save those 6 'lighting effects' as a profile so I can simply choose that profile from one of several I'd like to keep. I managed to make a profile, but if I add a new lighting effect, it becomes part of the old profile, I want to separate them.

I don't understand the difference between Lightings library, and Lighting effects. They appear to be the exact same thing?

Can someone explain how to separate lighting effects into profiles please?

One could write a very long guide to explain all of the iCUE workings and it may exist elsewhere in the forum. The simple steps to get you started are below.

If you have a bunch of overlapping effects and want to separate them, you have two options:

1) If you click on the left side of each effect in left menu list, you can toggle them on/off (off will be a little eye with a line strike-through). This is useful when you want different color variations for the same basic profile and occasionally change them up.

2) You can also use the "copy profile" arrow command. This will make a duplicate of the selected profile called "copy of ABC123...". Select the "copy" profile from the list, you can rename it to anything, then go through the lighting effects list and delete the unwanted color effects for that version.

Both of these are useful for when you want the similar version of the same profile and it brings any macros or key remaps along too. I do this often to save time when creating complicated effects like moving gradients that are somewhat annoying to do from scratch. The lighting library is another way to move effects from one profile to another. It is basically a clipboard for the program and you can copy specific lighting effects into the library, then copy them back to other profiles. You can preview the effect by clicking on it in the library, but it will not be permanent until you move it into a profile. This works fine, but I prefer the options above when creating multiple versions of similar profiles because the macros and key assignments travel as well. When you put something in the library, you are only moving that effect. Also note the lighting effects are still device specific, so you can't move a keyboard lighting pattern onto a RGB fan, even if the gradient, wave, etc. looks just like the one you want. iCUE keeps different libraries for those types of devices.

Hi

No I don't want to separate them, I want to join them together. I did find one tutorial but it made no sense to me at all.

I thought I had sussed it after hours of frustration. I made 6 lighting effects. I copied them to the library, then made a profile which included all six lighting effects.

I then deleted the lighting effects from the lighting effects tab, but they existed still in the library.

Then I tried to make more lighting effects and make them into a profile also, except instead of being a unique profile, my original profile took on the new lighting effects.

So I deleted the new lighting effects and dragged the old six lighting effects from the library, back into the lighting effects tab. Except instead of being key-assigned effects, they had all become static colours.

Total waste of 2 days so far, much frustration, no help whatsoever from Corsair so I am one unhappy bunny at the moment.

I think you have me spun around now. Suffice to say, you may be making it a little more complicated than necessary.

The library is a clipboard. It’s purpose is store frequently used effects or transporting them from one profile to another. It saves only the color pattern, not the keys it was applied to. If you have a profile with a high number of specific key color labels, you are probably better off copying the profile using the menu tools and then modifying the colors in the profile, rather than copying them all to the library and back out.

OK forget the library. I can't actually see the point of the library if it simply remember colours, so I won't use it.

The profile however can't be edited. All you can edit on it is the name.

Also you can only make one profile. If I attempt to make another it simply overwrites the fist one.

I'm completely baffled by this software.

Archived