Corsair Community

H115i Pro pump speeds

will_s

I thought I read the pump speeds on the Pro were close to 3000rpm for performance mode

pro.png' alt='pro.png'>

Basically when I have my CPU at 85C it still wont get above 2130 to 2160 rpm, ran Prime 95 and it didnt change

Is this the link software doing this ? I have run it at performance and quiet profiles and it stays at 2130 to 2160 rpm.

Honestly if it cant run at the max rpm then I should be able to RMA it ?

Quiet mode should be 1950RPM and performance mode 2800RPM. Looks like yours is stuck somewhere in between. Can you hear any pump noise level change when switching from quiet to performance? You'll have to try this in a very quiet environment because it's very hard to hear any pump noise.

Personally, from your description, I think you would have a strong case for an RMA even if the temps are fine, but would you put up with an RMA hassle and postage costs if the pump does its job in keeping the temps stable?

I run mine in quiet mode all the time because I see absolutely no temperature differences between the two modes (LINK 4.9.5.25).

Quiet mode should be 1950RPM and performance mode 2800RPM. Looks like yours is stuck somewhere in between. Can you hear any pump noise level change when switching from quiet to performance? You'll have to try this in a very quiet environment because it's very hard to hear any pump noise.

Personally, from your description, I think you would have a strong case for an RMA even if the temps are fine, but would you put up with an RMA hassle and postage costs if the pump does its job in keeping the temps stable?

I run mine in quiet mode all the time because I see absolutely no temperature differences between the two modes (LINK 4.9.5.25).

His RPMs are normal for "Balanced" mode.

I have seen differences in coolant temps between quiet and balanced mode; not so much between balanced and performance mode.

His RPMs are normal for "Balanced" mode.

I have seen differences in coolant temps between quiet and balanced mode; not so much between balanced and performance mode.

My pump speed does not change between Quiet and Balanced (H115i non-Pro version). Also when I click directly on the pump icon, I only get two options: Quiet and Performance.

My pump speed does not change between Quiet and Balanced (H115i non-Pro version). Also when I click directly on the pump icon, I only get two options: Quiet and Performance.

Not applicable; OP has the H115i Pro. The H115i is a different pump and only has 2 speed settings. The Pro coolers have 3: Quiet, Balanced and Performance/Extreme.

They should be around 2800 RPM for performance mode.

What version of Link?

BTW: your coolant temps look good so ...

coolant should be good as it has excellent air flow a( 5 fans blowing in , 3 at front and 2 at bottom in the 740 cube ) and I have waited for a day that is very cool and set everything at flat out..in quiet mode the temp goes up pretty quick but the pump speed stays the same

Not sure what version ( another PC ) and have most things working now except surrounding the H115iPro.

coolant should be good as it has excellent air flow a( 5 fans blowing in , 3 at front and 2 at bottom in the 740 cube ) and I have waited for a day that is very cool and set everything at flat out..in quiet mode the temp goes up pretty quick but the pump speed stays the same

Not sure what version ( another PC ) and have most things working now except surrounding the H115iPro.

I've noticed the same behavior in quiet mode ... so I don't use it.

The Link version is important. 4.9.6 apparently had issues with the Pro coolers. 4.9.5 or 4.9.7 would be better choices. I'd like to rule that out.

If you're up for it, you could also install iCue. What I'd like to make sure that we do is determine (with some measure of certainty) if it's a software issue or a hardware issue.

well updated to the latest link and it works so much better with the H115i Pro but it doesnt display hard drives...still all up I prefer the 115i to work as it should

latestestlink.png

A lot warmer today ( is there a table for ambient temp effecting temps in o/c ?) and it did ok...only pumping it up to 4800

and as for CUE. well swapped my motherboard and mouse to logitech and I put the Corsair devices on the other pC ...and CUE is continuing to be its PITA self.

and wont put it on here

Local ambient temperature (case or room) is additive to your end CPU temps. So +5C in room temp will also add 5C to your baseline, average, and max temps. However, the cores are so dynamic it’s hard to see. Where you can see it clearly is in the coolant temperature (H115i Pro Temp). That is the CPU baseline and most noticeable for day to day changes, particularly when the odd warm day pushes you into load fan speeds while sitting on the desktop. If your case temp is 30C, then the coolant is going to be at least 30C. No need to run the fans hard. It won’t do any good.

To add to what c-attack said about ambient temps ... you have a Commander Pro. That has 4 thermistors. Use these to measure the ambient temperature at different point inside the case. You can start with one for the radiator intake and one for the radiator exhaust.

These also serve as excellent control sources for your case fans. Put the other two in areas of the case where heat can build (like near the GPU).

To add to what c-attack said about ambient temps ... you have a Commander Pro. That has 4 thermistors. Use these to measure the ambient temperature at different point inside the case. You can start with one for the radiator intake and one for the radiator exhaust.

These also serve as excellent control sources for your case fans. Put the other

two in areas of the case where heat can build (like near the GPU).

have them somewhere but wouldnt know where.....

Archived